How's this battery life...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrokeTechLover, Oct 8, 2012.

1. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

I've been wondering about this for awhile now,& I just wanted to know if this battery life is normal or not.

Attached Files:

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

What were you doing those 3 hours? Otherwise no one can say if it's good or bad.

3. cynics macrumors G3

That's about what I get now on my 4S. It used to be a little better with iOS 5. But I get 6-6 1/2 hours of usage.

4. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

How about this?

Attached Files:

5. BrokeTechLover thread starter macrumors regular

True. I've been listening to music almost non stop via home sharing,checking in to online games like top girl & social girl every hour or so,playing froggy jump for 10-35 minutes,browsing mac rumors for almost 35 minutes,downloading a couple podcasts,all on a brightness level of about..80-90%

6. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Then you're getting fantastic battery life.

But hey buddy crank down that brightness. Think about your eyes a little. ;)

7. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Echoing what has been said above.. the way you USE the phone can dramatically affect the results and a screenshot doesn't really help.

If you just play music off the phone, it'll go for ages and give you a very good screenshot of battery life. If you stream Pandora music from the cell service, it'll be less. If you stream Netflix or play games, it'll be less, etc, etc.

8. Bluphyre macrumors member

[​IMG]

Wifi only. Light web browsing. Facebook. Textjng.

9. jedblanks macrumors newbie

Here's mine after a couple of weeks of break in

Attached Files:

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

add an hour and a half to your usage and thats what mine looked like this morning. my verizon one is doing ALOT better than the at&t one i returned.

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

Im at 73% with
    2 hours 4 min of usage
    21 hours 1 min standby

Something is very wrong with your phones. Be sure most location services are off and that you don't have email stuck that is constantly being downloaded.

Set the brightness lower. If you restored from a 4/4S backup I suggested to restore the OS and start a new phone from scratch. That's what I did.