How's this battery life...?

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I've been wondering about this for awhile now,& I just wanted to know if this battery life is normal or not.

Attachments

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I've been wondering about this for awhile now,& I just wanted to know if this battery life is normal or not.
That's about what I get now on my 4S. It used to be a little better with iOS 5. But I get 6-6 1/2 hours of usage.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
What were you doing those 3 hours? Otherwise no one can say if it's good or bad.
True. I've been listening to music almost non stop via home sharing,checking in to online games like top girl & social girl every hour or so,playing froggy jump for 10-35 minutes,browsing mac rumors for almost 35 minutes,downloading a couple podcasts,all on a brightness level of about..80-90%

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
True. I've been listening to music almost non stop via home sharing,checking in to online games like top girl & social girl every hour or so,playing froggy jump for 10-35 minutes,browsing mac rumors for almost 35 minutes,downloading a couple podcasts,all on a brightness level of about..80-90%

Then you're getting fantastic battery life.

But hey buddy crank down that brightness. Think about your eyes a little. ;)

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Echoing what has been said above.. the way you USE the phone can dramatically affect the results and a screenshot doesn't really help.

If you just play music off the phone, it'll go for ages and give you a very good screenshot of battery life. If you stream Pandora music from the cell service, it'll be less. If you stream Netflix or play games, it'll be less, etc, etc.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Im at 73% with
2 hours 4 min of usage
21 hours 1 min standby

Something is very wrong with your phones. Be sure most location services are off and that you don't have email stuck that is constantly being downloaded.

Set the brightness lower. If you restored from a 4/4S backup I suggested to restore the OS and start a new phone from scratch. That's what I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.