How's your iPhone 5S battery faring?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spazma7ik, Sep 20, 2013.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If you had an iPhone 5, how does it compare? Or just in general, are you impressed?

So far for me it's either on par or slightly worse than my iPhone 5 :/

I've calibrated it too, but we'll see if it improves over a few cycles.

How 'bout yours?

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Yep. Wait for the battery to sort itself out. Your 5S is rushed out of production basically, the battery should be new and everything. let it charge for a few cycles before commenting, maybe a week or 2.

As for mine, it was great out of the box, if not slightly better. I had an 8hours use in a workday for the 5 and now the 5S is giving me about 9hours+, close to 10! Pleasantly surprised. But yes, my LTE is enabled but im always in an area of strong signal so this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. My display is also set at half brightness though. But since the iPhone 5S's display is rather bright enough at half brightness indoors and also usable outdoors, its good enough.
    Push notifications are set off for all apps though, except Twitter and Whatsapp. On the other hand mail is set to fetch emails every 15 minutes. Had about 2 emails active.

On the other hand as for usage, Im the average guy who uses his phone to browse the web for news etc, messaging, checking emails (only check if it was pushed), about 5-10 calls received/made a day.

Thats all I think regarding factors that affect my battery life. Oh yes in case I forgot, I turned off background app refresh though - pointless .

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

it's supposed to be a tiny little better...
    if you see less it means you are using it more since it's new toy. Prob playing w/ touch-id lol

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I wouldn't expect miracles.

But if you need double the battery life there's always mophie cases.

5. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

eww..

6. businezguy macrumors 6502

Why do Mophie cases get such a bad reputation. I've never owned one, that's why I'm asking.

7. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

They're fugly!

8. gCloud macrumors 6502a

Slightly worse than the 5 so far, 3G seems to destroy it.

9. Bill P. macrumors regular

Bill P.

My sense is that the battery seems to be lasting longer.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I heard even though the 5S has a bigger battery, the battery will still be similar to the 5 because of the processing power.