How's your iPhone 6/6 Plus holding up? Did you go case-less?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macness, Nov 24, 2014.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

:apple: Hey Guys. I've had my iPhone 6 Plus since around launch day. I've used a case the whole time due to the protruding camera lens and the device's slipperiness. How are you guy's iPhones holding up? Especially those of you 6 Plus owners who are going case-less.

2. Knapple macrumors newbie

I'm using my 6 without a case and it still looks like new. Not a single scratch. but antenna bands get colored from pants sometimes but I have so far managed to rubb it off.
    But I'm considering buying a silicon case because the phone is so damn slippery! It feels like holding a piece of ice..but only dropped it once so far..

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I've been using my 6+ with a black leather skin from Slickwraps and it has been perfect so far.

4. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

True that. Dropped my 6 twice the first two days I had it back in September while waiting for a Speck Candyshell case to arrive. Luckily no damage or scratches. Everyone I know who got a 6 has commented on how slippery it is because of the curved edges.

I like the Candyshell because it's quite grippy at the edges. The phone is in and out of my pocket 30-40x per day, and since wrapping it I've not had a single drop.

5. aham23 macrumors regular

Dropped mine perfectly, it landed on the corner and despite the Sipgen Slim Armor case it didn't come out fine from the 35" drop.

Attached Files:

6. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

had mine a few days shy of a month..... rocking an apple black leather case... no issues....

knocking on wood

7. Bahroo macrumors 68000

These new iPhones seem to be more durable IMO, No more chamfered edges that get scratched up/scuffed up no matter how good of care you take of it, Have a Ghost Armor screen protector on my 6 Plus with Apple care+ on it, caseless...absolutely love it, love the feel and weight of the Plus caseless it is beautiful

8. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

My 6+ is still pristine after two weeks :p

Can't say the same for the Apple leather case. Starting to look and feel a little gross.

I held the phone without a case earlier and on and just preferred it. Not as easy to grip, but love the feel of aluminium and I actually appreciate the design.

Wondering whether to ditch the case altogether. After all the phone is both insured and covered under Apple Care+. It would be painful watching that screen shatter after a drop though.

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

it has some dust/dirt in places but it's otherwise in great condition. it's been in a speck candyshell since launch day.

10. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

My launch day 6 Plus is doing well actually. No drops or scratches yet. Had it in an Insignia case from Best Buy for about a week when I got my leather case from Apple. The day after getting it I had ZAGG Glass on the front and ZAGG Original installed on the back of the phone too.

11. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Purchased my iPhone 6 on launch and am continuing to use it "naked". My screen has a few very light hair line markings on the screen from removing the phone in/out of my jean pocket....other then that...its perfect.:apple:

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I use a case because I know that I drop things. I have been using Apple's silicon case. My phone is perfect. But I did have too get the case replaced once because it had a chip in the bottom left corner, but not really a big deal because Apple replaced it no problem.