HP 2475 monitor, just got one

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lukester, Dec 10, 2009.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

After doing a lot of research I ended up with a HP 2475 ips panel.

It took a while to be sure that I have a good calibration so it works well in PS for Pro photography.

I do notice with the wide gamut that my browser has like, wow colors. Saturated.. But as long as my prints look like I see PS then I dont care.

However the base is warped on the bottom, el cheapo plastic and I have a dead pixel. Is one dead pixel enough to send it back? Will they replace it?

I was just going to see if I could swap out the stand, but even that is no biggy since it does not effect how stable it is, it is fine.

So far I do like the monitor, the colors are great.

2. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Glad you are okay with the monitor, I had one last year, but mine had a pink color cast on the right side, and green color cast on the left side, so it was garbage, and since I was in Hong Kong I couldn't return it, so I passed it on to my father.

I'd call HP and ask them, I know from reading forums that talked about the 2475 that HP is good about their warranty. But I'm not sure if they'll give you a replacement for 1 pixel, it's worth asking though for the money you've paid for it.