HP Deskjet F4280 all in one won't scan now I have snow leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macgrl, Sep 15, 2009.

1. macgrl macrumors 65816

It used to work fine with leopard and now nothing. I have reinstalled the drivers and followed some advice on the HP forum as others are having the same issue but nothing works. Has anybody got any advice? Experience of getting this to work.

Many thanks

I have now been able to get it to scan but cannot get the function that allows me to scan pages of text into word to work. I believe this function is call scan to ocr. When I try it just says that the scanner cannot be found. this was the best function of the scanner and I would rather have that work than have snow leopard to be honest.

I could get it to scan through the preview pane and the preferences>printer and fax router but now no scanner can be found.

My lexmark printer also does not work now to print:(

2. mfb macrumors newbie

I was hoping I'd find a solution to my HP all in one not functioning as far as the scanner goes too. This has happened since installing snow leopard. It's the sort of problem I used to have with pcs which is one of the reasons I switched to macs. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but still I can't scan. the error message is that the scanner can't be found. :mad: