HP printer has no way to resume printing! You have to stop the job and reprint! ans?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by motulist, Nov 4, 2007.

1. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I have an HP Photosmart C3150, and it's interface and drivers are total junk! If I'm printing and run out of paper, the paper out light blink and the HP software says it can't continue printing and gives options to delete job, stop job, or stop all jobs. So I put more paper in the printer, and it's still blinking, and there's no resume printing button on the machine! So I click to stop job, then I hit resume job, but it starts printing again from the first page! The only work around I've found is to delete the job and manually go back and do another print command from my app and tell it which pages to print from here.

WTF dude!

Anyone know a solution?

(And that's not to even mention the system process that the HP printer driver uses which runs as root and takes up like 30% of my old G4 400 mhz cpu, which I'm using as a print server. And this HP system process is totally unnecessary too, because when I quit the process from the activity monitor, everything still works fine. But then later it randomly relaunches the process for no apparent reason! Is there anyway to force OS X to stop a particular process from ever being allowed to launch?)

2. motulist thread starter macrumors 68040

motulist

I found the solution. The geniuses at HP decided that the start photocopy button on the printer should also be the resume computer printing button, but then not label it that way. There's tons of empty room on the label area to the side of the buttons where they could've just written the word 'resume,' but they decided it'd be better for their customers to get pissed off.