HPV vaccine: Thousands suffer serious side effects

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://screen.yahoo.com/hpv-vaccine-thousands-suffer-serious-092208211.html
    this sucks, my daughter was supposed to get hers next month.

2. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/806645

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    By itself, this isn't too concerning. Even the greatest and most thoroughly tested medications can play host to all kinds of unforeseen side effect. If a few have popped up over the years, it wouldn't surprise me much. They'd temporarily suspend the vaccinations, do a few studies, and hopefully tweak to taste.

...but with the antivaxxers out there, oh you know they'll be all over this like a hobo on a hot ham sandwich. If the story's true, there's going to be some drama over this, I can feel it.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I'm pissed. All that crap takes time. Daughter was set to start getting the first vaccine. Now I'm going to wait a bit

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I'd do some research first. See if the story is BS or not.

Though it's not like cervical cancer is something people catch every other day. She won't be joining a massive at-risk group if she ends up waiting a couple of months. I wouldn't fret too much over it.

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I know the antivaxer drama is wrong. I see so much crazy with them it is amazing. did you know germs don't cause disease they come from disease?

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Out of the 200+ million to receive it, you should expect some that dont take well to it. That's to be expected with any vaccine. Jkcerda you should prob talk with a doctor about your concerns instead of making a hasty decision based on a report that may or may not be credible. I don't get why you're pissed about this, again there is risk with ANY vaccine. Add the fact that by not having your daughter get it, she still stands the risk of HPV.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

So the disease comes about because of the disease, and the disease just appears one day? I DID NOT KNOW THIS!

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

My first inclination is to suspect this is coming from the same/similar antivax faction. I agree that talking with a doctor is a good idea. Alternatively, look for peer-reviewed, published studies. Don't fall for internet panic.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

We did but not at great length, he'll I asked if I could take it & the dr said it is meant /works on those 24 y/o and under, otherwise she would have taken it as well, she also said the vaccine helps males