HR Monitor Inaccuracies Since 2.0

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bob190, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Bob190, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

Bob190 macrumors 6502

Anyone else having issues with the HR monitor accuracy since 2.0?

I have noticed, that if you hit the HR glance and it attains a reading, the first reading it shows is usually bogus. For instance, I just tapped the glance, it started searching, and the first number it showed was 77, then quickly dropped to my actual heart rate which was 52 (checked manually on my wrist).

This wouldn't be a big deal except that it writes the inaccurate number to the Health app, thus creating inaccurate data from apps like Sleep Pulse, etc. that track resting/sleeping HR.

Also, the every 10 minute readings seem inaccurate about 50% of the time now.

It didn't behave this way in 1.0.1.

I haven't noticed any issues with exercise HR, as it seems to be just as accurate/inaccurate as prior to 2.0.

2. ibwb macrumors regular

Yeah, and based on your description I think it's worse for those of us with lower resting rates (mine runs in the 45-55 range). I suppose with a lower rate it takes longer to get a good sample, and it just isn't waiting long enough. I think on 2.0 it does seem a little more eager to report a result quickly.