HSBC escaped US money-laundering charges after UK intervention

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. zin macrumors 6502

I guess when you're holding the economy hostage, you can escape the clutches of prosecutors.

2. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Obviously, HSBC got their money's worth from one of Hillary's 20-minute "speeches."

4. DearthnVader, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016

DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Ever see the movie Mary Poppins?

A movie about Banks, George Banks, the bank's Governor( the bank owns your Government ) is too busy with work( taking care of the needs of the bankers ) to be bothered with his children( the people ). His wife Winifred( Lady Liberty ) is to busy with woman's lib to look after the children, so they hire Mary Poppins( The nanny State ) who only teaches the children to play make believe.

Bert ( The Jack-of-all-trades/Andrew Jackson). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_War

A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the end of the movie there is a run on the bank and the bank turns to the Government(George) for a bailout, and he tells them to..................

I can not tell a lie, the Banks family lived at 17 Cherry Tree Lane, may as well have been 1776 Cherry Tree Lane.

5. Three141 macrumors 6502

Three141

I'm not surprised, HSBC did try to intimidate the government by threating to take their ball home.