Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Not sure about the battery on these. The M7 and M8 have to be practically destroyed to replace the battery. At least the iPhone can be taken to bits with a screwdriver...
Samsung need to keep their removable battery heritage going IMO because disposable premium smartphones aren't the way forward.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
New potential leaked specs from benchmarking: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Susp...-13MP-selfie-camera-and-more-revealed_id66193

Everything sounds great, except for the 1440 x 2560 resolution. That could be a big drag on the battery life.

Everything else sounds very lovely, though.

I hope this rumor proves to be false. MediaTek CPU and Quad HD on a 5.1" display? Unproven CPU and unnecessarily high display resolution--terrific. :rolleyes: And only 5.1" on they 'Plus' device (isn't the standard M9 rumored to be 5")?

Just when HTC seems to have fixed their issues that go ahead a muck it up all over again. :( Really hope this is proven untrue.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Pass the salt and pepper if these specs come to fruition. I doubt it seriously and I probably will not even give it a look see when it is on a carrier's display considering its cost.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
I hope this rumor proves to be false. MediaTek CPU and Quad HD on a 5.1" display? Unproven CPU and unnecessarily high display resolution--terrific. :rolleyes: And only 5.1" on they 'Plus' device (isn't the standard M9 rumored to be 5")?

Just when HTC seems to have fixed their issues that go ahead a muck it up all over again. :( Really hope this is proven untrue.
Agreed on the MediaTek part. Hopefully these are just rumors and the real M9 has what was reported first with these specs...

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m9)-6891.php

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
that's gotta be some variant or a budget model or something

has there ever been an htc mediatek phone?

I suspect you may be right. A slightly bigger device for Asian market where mediatek is less frowned upon than here - and where they like phablets size handsets.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Hmmm. Was hoping there would be some inroads into the bezels, especially the bottom HTC chin.

Overall design is better than most so I personally don't mind that it's more-or-less unchanged. Not sure about the rest of the market, though.

Slightly more worrying is the absence of OIS in reference to the camera. However, it protrudes on the renders so hopefully it's present. If there isn't OIS or a fingerprint sensor it may be a hard sell given what the competition can PR.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Hmmm. Was hoping there would be some inroads into the bezels, especially the bottom HTC chin.

Overall design is better than most so I personally don't mind that it's more-or-less unchanged. Not sure about the rest of the market, though.

Slightly more worrying is the absence of OIS in reference to the camera. However, it protrudes on the renders so hopefully it's present. If there isn't OIS or a fingerprint sensor it may be a hard sell given what the competition can PR.

I agree. If this latest leak is true it'll just seem like an update to the one, almost like the s variant of the iPhone. And the camera is just them finally catching up putting in the proper camera. Not having ois would be a mistake. It'll be like they're still behind the competition.

March 1 will be interesting.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Don't forget though that the leaked picture below, which matches closely to those beautiful renders earlier, came from evleaks who has been very reliable in the past.

There's still hope?

htc-one-m9-evleaks.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Don't forget though that the leaked picture below, which matches closely to those beautiful renders earlier, came from evleaks who has been very reliable in the past.

There's still hope?

it would be very hard to decide which one of those to get!!

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
The leaked images of the device are unimpressive to say the least. The M8 was a solid device, but I don't want another one, which is what the M9 seems to be. The HTC "chin" needed to go, and I'm not a fan of the protruding camera on a phone that isn't even slim.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
The leaked images of the device are unimpressive to say the least. The M8 was a solid device, but I don't want another one, which is what the M9 seems to be. The HTC "chin" needed to go, and I'm not a fan of the protruding camera on a phone that isn't even slim.

Which phone do have that doesn't have a protruding camera? I think they all do.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Which phone do have that doesn't have a protruding camera? I think they all do.

Yeah, but at least all these other phones with protruding cameras are reasonably THIN. The fact that people are seriously into this phone is baffling to me. It's the M8 ALL OVER AGAIN, with barely any changes.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yeah, but at least all these other phones with protruding cameras are reasonably THIN. The fact that people are seriously into this phone is baffling to me. It's the M8 ALL OVER AGAIN, with barely any changes.

Yes.... It looks like it might be close to the M8 and that phone won design awards. Add more speed to a phone that has the fastest android UI. Add a better camera and better design tweaks. Winner in my book. How thin does a phone need to be? My 6+ is already too thin. It's has a protruding camera that makes the phone rock when on a flat surface. I want to see what Sense 7 has to offer what they did with the camera.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Yes.... It looks like it might be close to the M8 and that phone won design awards. Add more speed to a phone that has the fastest android UI. Add a better camera and better design tweaks. Winner in my book. How thin does a phone need to be? My 6+ is already too thin. It's has a protruding camera that makes the phone rock when on a flat surface. I want to see what Sense 7 has to offer what they did with the camera.

Sense 7 will be the make or break in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.