HTC 8x build quality comparable to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anom, Oct 29, 2012.

1. anom macrumors newbie

After seeing the presentation from Microsoft today and some reviews of the 8x, it looks like Apple might have some build quality competition from HTC (maybe Nokia too?).

Engadget in particular seems really impressed with the unibody build of the 8x and the machined polycarbonate. Is it possible HTC has found a high quality material that is more durable than the aluminum or the glass found on the last 3 iphone generations?

I still have my 5, but I'm interested in learning more about the 8x and would love to see one in person.

Thoughts from anyone else?

PS: If you are just going to bash it because it isn't an Apple product, and you have nothing constructive to say, please don't. :)

2. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I haven't seen one yet in person but HTC has always had a good reputation when it comes to build quality. Right up there with Apple. It's just other issues they had problems with at least on their Android handsets.

From what I understand the 8x will be available across all carriers so maybe this will be the device that makes them competitive again.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why can't people respond he way they see fit? You put this in an open forum so you shouldn't try and put rules on the way people respond. That being said, I think the HTC looks good (haven't seen it in person) but think it's crap because it's not apple ;)

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

From having read reviews of their various Android and Windows devices over the years, HTC is capable of building devices with incredible quality.

They have shown that they are equally as capable of building devices with significantly less quality, as well. :eek:

Their 8x looks like one of their better devices!

5. anom thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehe, you can say whatever you want. I'd just prefer to have a constructive conversation. I think it's good that other companies are following Apple's lead and putting out products with nice build qualities.

:)

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Just hackin on ya..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuAOaFmS4do

I do agree with what you're saying. AND also love when new great products come out so apple has a reason to maybe think about upping their game.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Build quality has usually been a strong point for HTC devices. Problem is/was that they tended to cheap out a little too much on components. Most notably; camera, speakers, and previously...screen tech.