HTC One or Samsung S4 compatible with T-Mobile's AWS (1700/2100)?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Yeezus, May 20, 2013.

1. Yeezus macrumors member

In the present time, I am using T-Mobile's $30 prepaid plan which comes with 100 mins/talk, unlimited text, and data (first 5G of up to 4G speeds). Although I have only recently bought T-Mobile's iPhone 5, I have been given the great opportunity to acquire either one of these phone for a great discounted price. So basically straight to the point, I am wondering if the HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4 is compatible with T-Mobile's AWS bands (1700/2100). I am a heavy data user, so the compatibility with T-Mobile's AWS bands is a must.

2. lazard macrumors 65816

yes, there is a T-Mobile variant of the S4 which supports their AWS band.

3. Yeezus thread starter macrumors member

Is there an option to purchase the T-Mobile variant of the S4 unlocked?

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You could buy the google edition in June.

5. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

For $650? You must be crazy. You could get two Nexus 4's OR a Nexus 4 + a Nexus 7 for cheaper than that.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes but the OP is looking for an S4 unlocked on T-Mobile & AT&T frequency s for LTE.

Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE nor looks like an S4.

You do realise this thread isn't about you or your desires or your money?. Its about the OP and they clearly have said what they are interested in framed in the first post.

7. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

$650 is an absolutely idiotic amount to spend on a stock android phone. The only reason it is that expensive is because that is what the carriers charge for outright purchase, and they are charging a very healthyamount of overage over what they are kicking back to Samsung.

Somehow, even the most expensive Nexus (Galaxy Nexus) was introduced at a price which was $200 lower than the S4.

Maybe you are used to paying out the wazoo for electronics in Ireland, but here in the USA the Google Experience S4 is definitively overpriced.