HTC One to 5c or 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Finz72, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Finz72 macrumors regular

I am currently using a HTC One, my first Android device. I have been all Apple since the original iphone. My last new iphone was the 4s. I have ordered the 5s that has an shipping date of "October". My question: Do you think that the iphone 5c would be an upgrade over the HTC One or would the real upgrade be the 5s ? I don't know if I can be patient enough to wait for the 5s. All I know is that I'm coming back to Apple !!

2. journeyy macrumors regular

I had the One and switched back to my 4S after a while, because i missed the smooth scrolling, typing etc. While apps start a bit slower on the 4S than the One, the 5/5C should be better in every important aspect (besides screen size, if you're in to big screens)

3. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Just wait for the 5S. That's what you want and you'll likely regret if you get anything else.

The 5C is an upgrade, but everything aside the question is do YOU want the 5C or are you just being impatient?

4. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

the 5C is basically the 5 in a plastic case.

apple didn't want to sell the 5 at a discounted rate so they lowered their cost by ditching the aluminum and using plastic. in essence, its a phone with a one year old technology. is that bad? not necessarily.

if you think the iphone 5 (plastic version) is an upgrade over the htc one by all means save yourself some money and go for that.

otherwise, consider the 5S - by which i am not saying its superior to the htc one but its the most current apple phone.

----------

only on these forums will i read that a plastic phone with a year-old technology is an upgrade to the htc one...

5. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

I really want the 5s but the more that I see the 5c, the more I like the look. I am definitely impatient and know that I can have a 5c next week instead of ??? I guess it's a decision only I can make. Definitely don't want to regret if I get the 5c and don't like it.

6. corys00 macrumors regular

I went to the 5s from a Nexus 4. There's certain things I know I will miss like the screen resolution. But the battery life is WAY better over on the iPhone.

7. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

you just want to play around with iOS 7 because its the new thing.

did you get your htc one updated to 4.3? its releasing next week for the US and Canada.

if you change your htc one for a 5C I kill you!

8. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

I'd go with either iphone 5, or if you can spare the money 5s.

iPhone 5 is really a great phone still and a bargain at the moment.

5s is more future proofing, if you plan on using the phone for years to come.

9. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I got the 5c and it is absolutely beautiful and fast.
    Go check the 5C thread A lot of 5S buyers are actually canceling or taking back their 5s's after going to the store and seeing the 5c in person.
    It feels so smooth and substantial like ceramic,pictures just don't do it justice.

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I almost made the same mistake. 5C had preorder. I wanted on release date and to avoid waiting in line. I know I'd have ended up returning the 5C.

11. 617aircav Suspended

Had the htc one since launch and switched to the 5s yesterday. My htc one had smooth scrolling and typing was easy. Stop making stuff up.

12. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, that's funny ! I knew that I may get a response like that ! I haven't upgrade the software yet since I'm in the States. I like the HTC One a lot (mostly because of screen size), but I feel that Apple is the better product.

13. 617aircav Suspended

no way. Get the 5s at least. The 5c would be a huge mistake, not even comparable the the htc one.