Hubby iPhone 7 plus has no profile to update to beta 11?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Mad4clay, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Mad4clay macrumors regular

Is there something he needs to do to make it work? I was able to update my ipad just fine after I deleted my work profile, but I had two profiles where my husband has none. Help if you can. Thanks!

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

He needs to go to the Apple beta website and sign up for the public beta testing. Apple will confirm by email and then he will be able to download the beta profile.

3. Mad4clay thread starter macrumors regular

He's already done that. The download won't open. I had the same issue like I said in mine, but then I know it was my connection to my work email that prevented the download. Once I deleted my work profile it worked just fine. So not sure what's up with my husbands. Any other suggestions?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Have him go to think link on his phone. It will download the profile. https://beta.apple.com/sp/downloads/projects/1001114/downloads/1009064

He can also do it on his computer and it will download the profile, then you can email it to yourself.

5. Mad4clay, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017

Mad4clay thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. He's trying now.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 27, 2017 ---

Same issue. It's just not working.

If you have iOS beta and want to install the same non-beta version of iOS
    If you have an iOS beta version and want to switch to a newly released, non-beta version of same iOS, here's what to do:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Connect your device to iTunes.
    3. While connected, force your device to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
    4. When asked, choose Update to download and install the latest non-beta version of iOS. (An update install won't affect your content or settings.)
    This doesn't work either. The home button is not the same as it was in iPhone 6.

6. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

He has to use Safari to download the profile.

7. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

I have a 7+ and I can install the profile but it will not prompt me to install iOS 11. I was able to update my iPad Pro without issue. For some reason I think they have suspended the 7+ for some reason.

Cheers,
    B

8. Mad4clay thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. He was using google as was I, and now my phone is doing it from as you the said the Safari link. Bravo!

9. dancefreak macrumors regular

Were you on the beta cycle for iOS10? If yes, you'll want to delete the old profile and then add the iOS11 beta profile again. That's what I had to do last night with my 7+ before it would work.