Huckabee quits Fox to consider 2016 presidential run

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LizKat, Jan 3, 2015.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sure sounds like ol' Mike Huckabee might go for it again. Reuters news link

Trying to figure whether a book about “God, Guns, Grits and Gravy” beats that original round of stories in 2008 about fried squirrel for dinner and so forth.

So there’s maybe Huckabee, maybe Jeb Bush, maybe maybe maybe Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Perry, Christie, Paul and yer uncle Joe for all I know. And did Romney count himself in or out yet? Anyway all these guys (what, no women?) trying to get to the far, far right of each other during 2015 to make ready for the presidential primaries and then hastening in the fall of 2016 to stake out the center right, where so far it looks like my party's dressed-like-a-Democrat neocon wolf will be waiting behind her stack of Wall Street banker money.

Sigh... this rightward, ho! stuff is getting really old for me. I used to work for Ryan with the reform Dems in NYC in the 60s. We considered ourselves progressive, but that must almost make me a communist in the eyes of today's Democratic national leadership!

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Omg please I hope he does! Just hand that victory to the democrats on a silver platter...

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Fried squirrel for everyone!

YEE HAW!!! :rolleyes:

----------

There, fixed it. Let's stop pretending that the Democrats are even having the semblance of a primary. They are coronating Hillary like she is their queen, which she in fact is.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You can do better than that.

She isn't our queen ... She's our Goddess. (With a capital 'G')

Hillary [bows deeply] will make the rain fall, the corn grow, and women fertile.

Don't sell our next Savior short.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The Dems would never accept a Goddess because someone might be offended. A secular queen works just fine for them, especially a Wall Street-friendly, corporatist 1%er.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

With all the nutjobs starting to get ready to run Fox is going to need more contributors .

:p

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

"God, Guns, Grits and Gravy" sounds like a country music song. As a matter of fact, he should probably turn it into one. It'll never reach the trailer park masses in book form.

8. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

I'm good without a bible and gun-toting president(that used to work for fox, no less).

No thanks, I'll pass.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh my. He's sure to lock up the Santorum voters.

10. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

What is so scary is that at one point I was seriously considering voting for Huckabee during the 2008 presidential election. He has since revealed his true colors.

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Quite frankly, I would be more comfortable with the idea of a Huckabee presidency than one of a Paul, Bachmann, Santorum, Bush, Goodhair, Walker Palin, hell, 97% of Republicans are nuttier than Huckabee.

Sad state of affairs.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Promises, promises.

Make sign of the Hilary, bows.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why? Was it the morbid obesity or the shameless Jeebus-flogging. Don't keep us hanging.

We don't much like Huckleberry up here in the PNW. He once released a homicidal thug on the sole grounds that said thug claimed to have found Jeebus. He promptly decamped and smoked four cops in my favorite coffee shop.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

False. The FACT that Obama was our Savior (capital 'S') PROVES secularism is not a determining factor for Democrats.

What your diminishing of Hillary's deserved status demonstrates is conservative's long-standing hatred of women and desire to regard them as inferior to men.

When Hillary ascends into the sky in the form of a titanic, fiery eagle, all conservative men will tremble in fear and awe of her magnificence.

15. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I honestly don't recall exactly what originally made me cross Huckabee off my list but I do remember saying to myself that I had made the right decision when he came out and made those racially insensitive remarks about Obama during the 2008 election. Since then, he has been relentlessly spewing nothing but complete nonsense on his Fox News channel show.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Anyone who contributes to a Hickabee campaign is just throwing their money away. Do some good and give it to me instead. :D

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Are you a Republican?

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If the money's right. :p

19. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

How long til we find out who's actually running in 2016? Only 23 months left until voting day and I need time to make up my mind!

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Don't worry, there are plenty of PACs ready to do that for you.

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Democrat: Hillary has been coronated. No need to bother with an actual primary.

Republican: Who knows? Their primary will be a raucous affair with a number of options from across their spectrum, from neocon to paleocon to libertarian to cultural conservative.

Libertarian: Gary Anderson, most likely.

Greens: Ralph Nader, perhaps? Or someone new.

22. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

I must be the only person left on the planet who thinks Hillary Clinton will not run.

23. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

No you're not. I honestly have my doubts. But if she doesn't, I don't know who will.

24. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

25. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Or Andrew Cuomo.