Hugh Hewitt pivots and shows his ignorance in the process

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jun 14, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow. I used to think Hugh Hewitt was an intelligent man. I have even referenced him at times. I though his questions to Trump last year were great and exposed Trump's lack of knowledge. It was clear early on he wasn't a fan of Trump. But now that Trump is the presumptive nominee, he has sold his soul and jumped on the Trump train big time.

Tonight on Hardball, he wouldn't address the criticism of Trump by even his own party, and instead only wanted to talk about Hillary and Obama. Deflect deflect deflect. To the point that Chris Matthews finally said, I guess I should only ask questions about Hillary since that's all you want to answer.

As if all that deflection wasn't stupid enough, Hewitt doubled down on the stupidity when he made this statement when talking about the two main party candidates people will have to choose from in November: "It's not one or the other, it's a binary choice." :confused: Errrrr...one or the other is the very definition of a binary choice! What a dumb thing to say.

I never cease to be amazed at the things pundits will say on TV. They don't even try to make sense anymore.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Hewitt has seen the error and futility of his former ways. Chris Matthews will have to make do sans thrill up his leg.

3. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So Matthews just wanted to ask Hewitt about Trump and not talk about Hillary.

Oh yeah, it's Hewitt who has the problem, not a biased host like Matthews.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yep cause our great leader is so great.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

No, Hugh Hewitt has pretty much been a laughingstock tool forever. You can have hours of fun and laughs reading the links here, here and here.

Which one is more abominable?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes. It's Hewitt who had the problem. When someone ask you a question you answer it. You don't ignore it and go bu-bu-but what about this other person? That was what the segment was about. You apparently have never watched a cable news show before. They talk about one campaign. They talk about another later. Then they will usually have a Roundtable at the very end of the hour discuss things together in a back and forth.

7. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I just watched a clip and it's you who are confused. Hewitt was telling Matthews what Trump needs to do with his campaign--which is mainly concentrate on Obama's failures. After which Matthews criticized Obama and Hillary's foreign policy

8. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, the segment was on Donald, and Hugh kept on trying to say Obama made a huge mistake, and Hillary this, and Hillary that. He had to be pulled back to Trump. He clearly didn't want to talk about him at all.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is this the same morally and intellectually bankrupt Hugh Hewitt who said this only days ago?

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Sounds more like a Tom Clancy novel.

11. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, that's why I put pivot in the thread title. I was shocked at his behavior given those other comments made so recently. It was really bizarre to me, that as others run away from Trump, to the point of un-endorsing him even, Hugh seems to be moving towards him.

12. SusanK macrumors 68000

Chris Matthews, the Great Interruptor was disobeyed. Oh, my!

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Trump poses a bit of a conundrum for the Conservative talking head.

Because its pretty plain to see, to even the dimmest intellect among them, that Trump is a walking, talking, hands-flailing embarrassment. So its probably not that surprising that when questioned on the issue, they fail to answer the question. And instead pivot to talking about things they are more intellectually and philosophically comfortable with.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This one.

[​IMG]

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Except for the clip I saw, that ruins your narrative.

But do carry on regardless.

16. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You have a history of seeing what you want to see, so......shrug.

The recent Trump teleprompter usage comes to mind.

17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

<snicker> Interesting that you keep track of the few victories you've gained.

I stopped counting a long time ago.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, I could imagine how depressing that'd be for you. :p

19. Robisan macrumors 6502

The Washington Post has another hacktastic op-ed up from Hugh if anyone feels like frying some brain cells.

20. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oooh....the comments section on that op-ed is NOT being kind to him. Calling him a sell out, accusing him of taking a bribe from Trump, calling him a Nazi apologizist....all sorts of things. Ouch!

21. Robisan macrumors 6502

The WP editorial page, or as Atrios likes to call it (Ed page editor) "Fred Hiatt's Crayon Scribble Page, and most of their conservative crayon scribblers (Will, Krauthammer, Gerson, Rubin, etc.) have been anti-Trump, so their readers are just following suit. Watching the cognitive dissonance of that crowd grapple with Trumpism has been hilarious. Highly recommended schadenfreude.

22. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

When did the NRA become a part of the government? Why would Trump need to "work with the NRA"?

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Pandering at the highest levels.

Not quite sure why he wants the job. He wants to outsource the parts of the job he doesn't like to his VP and he's also said he will outsource SC picks to the Heritage Foundation. Donny in unhinged.