Huh?? AT&T Family plan only allows me to add Iphone 4s!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Swift Sketcher, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

We were going to set up a family plan to AT&T which would include 4 lines. The iphone 4 would have been one of those phones, while the rest were more basic ones. Upon a trial selection of our plan and phone selections a couple of weeks ago on the website, everything worked fine as we made up our minds.

But as we tried this again a week later, when the iphone 4 is selected we are limited to only adding additional iphone 4s. We only wanted one, and 3 additional more basic phones. No matter how many ways I try, this doesn't seem possible anymore. Did I do something wrong, or has there been some kind of policy change with family plans and device selection with the iphone 4 involved :mad:

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I have a 3 line family plan. 2 iPhone 4's and 1 basic phone. You can set it up however you like. May be easier to call into sales or goto the store.

3. elohel macrumors member

How does adding an iphone to a two person plan work?

do you just add the data on top or does the whole package change?

4. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Each person on the family plan had their own data package. But for texting, I get the 29.99 unlimited. So it works out to 10 bucks per line for unlimited text

5. macduke Suspended

macduke

AT&T is probably just screwing up. They are known for this type of crap. Maybe try going into a store if possible? I shudder to think how much a family plan with four iPhone 4's would cost. Oh man.

6. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

With the lowest min plan, 4 iPhones would cost approx 220. Then if they added unlimited texts for all 4. It would be 250. Not too bad really.

That's just over 60 bucks per phone.

7. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

it's not so bad, we have a family plan with 3 iphones and 2 reg phones and it's a bit under $200 and all the iphones have unlimited data and the plan is unlimited texts, so much cheaper to go this route then to have your own individual plan, if you have a good friend, make a family plan