Hulu and Netflix on are working on the iPhone through Playon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob.loblaw, Aug 2, 2010.

1. bob.loblaw macrumors member

I was searching to see if the Netflix app was available yet and discovered that Playon recently enabled mobile iPhone access to to its channels including Hulu and Netflix. Its pretty slick and works through Safari instead of an app.

Has anyone been able to get this to work over 3G? My router is being a punk and doesn't seem to be allowing the port forwarding.

2. deenybird macrumors regular

Edit: there's a free 14 day trial (no credit card required)

its working well for me.
    i think it looks for a computer running the client on the same wifi network. This means it works fine over wifi, but it also kind of pointless because if you're in range of wifi you will be watching on the pc....

Update: There's a 'mobile access' area where it will automatically configure your router for 3g access. I have yet to try it

3. jason221 macrumors 6502

Link..?

Edit: Here's the link to the Playon website. Looks like it's a yearly subscription, though.

4. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

is it in the app store the playon app? I searched and did not find it.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Can someone give me some good instructions on how I can stream playon to my iPhone when I'm away from my network. I set up the port forwarding correctly, and was able to stream a movie to my phone over 3G. However today I left my server running on my home comp, but was unable to connect with my iPhone using my work's wifi network. Maybe you can only stream over 3G when away from your home network?

I'd really appreciate any help

6. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

It's a webapp. Use safari to go to m.playon.tv

You need to have the premium playon subscription. Since I already paid for the basic last year I just opted for the $5 first year.