Hypocrite Republicans scammed you already: Vote to Add $10 Trillion to the national debt

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macmee, Jan 20, 2017.

1. macmee Suspended

macmee

http://thedailybanter.com/2017/01/senate-republicans-just-voted-to-add-10-trillion/

Looks like true conservatives don't exist in the American Senate, and if you voted republican you've already been scammed out of your vote.

The republicans, ALL but rand paul, voted easily to slap 10 trillion dollars of debt on top of the national debt, and this is after 8 years of whining that Obama was increasing the debt....

I honestly feel bad for people who voted Republican, because they voted under the pretence of false promises and lies, and are already being scammed, right out of the starting gate after the election.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Fake news, FAKE NEWS!, the GOP stalwarts of fiscal responsibility would never do this! Note my convienent blinders only go back 8 years for this assessment. :p

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Do I get to keep my doctor, plan, and also get to save 2500 a year?

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Plus a mule and 40 acres... ;)

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

republicans are only fiscally conservative when democrats are in power. that said you guys didn't care how much Obama spent so..........

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

While I recognize the hipocracy here since the Republicans wanted to shut down the government rather than raise the debt ceiling under Obama raising the debt ceiling is just saying that we will pay our bills, and the debt ceiling is a stupid thing to have, the authorization for borrowing money should be tied to the bill that authorizes spending that money.

7. Huntn, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I just read your link in depth and if an accurate report, this is the most hypocritical, most disgusting betrayal of self professed political principles and standards I can remember. It's an outrage on multiple levels, that the GOP would try to shred Obama for his debt for the entire length of his term, and then do this.

Even bigger will be to see how Trump reacts to this, if he fights them or if he goes along. :eek: What does he really stand for?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2017 ---
    And you are good with it, whatever... chicken. Go out on a limb and express some indignation other than over gun control. Or would that put you out of your depth? :D

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

NO I a, NOT "good with it". hence the reason I pointed it out [​IMG]

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

10 more Trillion? Uh guys I'm gonna need some collateral from you.

Also Republicans will probably earnestly point out "it happened under Obama's term". :rolleyes:

I was hoping this was fake news... it ain't.
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/s1

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Say something bad about the GOP for a change then... ;)

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

said plenty , you simply have not seen it for some odd reason. plenty of them belong in jail next to Obama/Bush/Cheney .
    since Obama "inherited" the mess from Bush then cheeto hitler "inherited" the mess from Obama, Obama out spent Bush so trump get's to out spend Obama, simple as that.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Just like Obama Trump can blame a year or so of the economy under him on his predecessor. After that even if job numbers start dropping again it will be on Trump.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

huh? Obama spent years with his "inherited" claims. hell democrats justified 8 years of war crimes because you could not just "leave" :rolleyes:

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

That's mostly because people wanted to measure job numbers changes from the first day of Obama's term when they were still a ways away from hitting their bottom in the recession that was caused be Bush's policies. If trump wants to measure job losses under him from when they peak after Obama that probably would be the most accurate, although I expect him to try to keep himself from looking bad and going from today.

15. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Careful about the outspend comments, a stronger evaluation of money spent is dollars per capita in real terms (inflation adjusted). There's also a matter of what the money was spent on. Funny enough It's hard to find this metric today... It must be Friday my mind is elsewhere.

16. macmee thread starter Suspended

macmee

What's amazing to me is how this news story has hardly gotten ANY coverage

Rand paul is right, where are the real fiscal conservatives?

Do you have any idea how much 10 trillion dollars even is? I don't, BECAUSE ITS 10 TRILLION TOO MUCH!

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

as said, Bush JR got rid of all the fiscal conservatives :(

18. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

It's a serious issue, with 8 years of ZIRP we've amassed $10 trillion more in debt, but most of that debt is short term debt, and will roll over in the next 8 year, even a few times with about 55% of it. The Fed is now targeting higher interest rates, that means more money, out of the Federal Budget each year, will need to go to maintaining that debt, as interest rates raise.

A 2% in interest rates will almost triple the amount of interest we pay on the debt, each year, and between now and 2019 interest rates are projected to grow by 2%. We are to have been projected to spend $250 Billion servicing the debt in 2016( that means interest only, and rolling over treasuries as they come due ). If interest rates go up just 2%, by 2021 we'll be paying between $550 Billion and $650 Billion just to maintain the $20 Trillion in debt we have now, that wouldn't include the debt the Treasury issues between now and 2021. If we continue to add $500 Billion a year to the debt, then we'll owe another $2 Trillion on top of that $20 Trillion by 2021. Putting the cost of servicing our debt to around $615 Billion to $715 Billion, a year by 2021.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Here's some help, compare what I said to what you said. Your criticism of Democrats is always slice and dice while when you can be prompted to criticize the GOP, sometimes it approaches a slap on the wrist.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

OH PLEASE, said PLENTY of times Bush & Cheney belong in JAIL.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ok 10 points for for that. But you seem to have lost your edge for this last race. :p

22. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Rand Paul is going increasingly more populist libertarian. Not a bad thing, but I think he's padding his record for another run.

23. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Everyone knows Reagan solved the free world's problems by cutting spending!!
    Hey buddy, did you ever consider that you also benefit from our war monger leaders? Yes, you do. Every time you put gas in your car or eat your cereal. :D

Stop fighting it and join us. We do what is in America's interests. Sometimes human rights and other nonsense intersect with our nation's interests too.
    Yeah I said the same until I slowly realized... there is profit to be had here.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I do have to point out that this was a vote to authorize an increase in the national debt limit, rather than a vote for either tax decreases or Government spending (on walls, guided missile cruisers, or anything else.) And I also have to point out that the National Debt would have increased by a matter of a few trillion anyway over the next ten years, under existing spending and tax laws.

I think we have to put our outrage on hold until we actually see what Republicans have in mind as far as taxes and spending go; as well as what they expect President Trump to sign into law. There is spending and there is spending. There is debt, and there is debt.

But if this is because they plan on giving corporations and multimillionaires massive tax cuts then I think at least part of my grim prediction for the Trump Presidency will have come to pass.

25. 5684697, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017