Hypothetical question, if Apple did not increase the screen size in 2014, would you of switched?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zaft, Nov 18, 2016.

?

Would of you left iPhone if the screen had not increased?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I'm wondering how many here would of ditched iPhone if apple were stubborn and did not increase the screen size in 2014.

IMO sales would of tanked, I would be gone even though I love the ecosystem.

2. ThunderMasterMind macrumors 6502

ThunderMasterMind

I surely wouldn't, I love the small screen sizes, they are just perfect for me. I'm still uneasy about my 6S even though I've had it for a year. I still use my previous 4S and absolutely love the screen size and ease of use. If Apple releases the iPhone 8s and makes the SE the iPhone 8 mini, I would defiantly leave my 6S in a heart beat. If the rumors are true and the 8 will get the classic iPhone 4 design, then I would totally be sold on it.

PLEASE APPLE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Well I was actually using android at the time and probably wouldn't have switched back if they hadn't of made the plus. I had tried the 5S the year before but found it too small.

Ironically, if Apple stopped making larger phones and only made a 4 inch phone now I would stay. I'm too invested in the ecosystem to leave. However it was a totally different story in 2012 when I left Apple for android because of a larger screen.

4. Mildredop macrumors 68020

I switched because of screen size, but five years ago.

5. teralpar macrumors newbie

6. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

I came to Apple because of the increased screen size and that I started to accept iOS on my iPad. I still miss the Windows Phone homescreen but that's about it.

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Yes, my old eyes need the larger screen.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I went to the fugly iPhone 6+ because of circumstance in February 2015. A full four months after it went on sale. Which tells you that it's not screen size I was waiting on.

Not because I liked the iPhone 6+. And certainly not because I wanted a bigger screen - although I adjusted rather well to the size.

I might point out as well that the iPhone SE was a succesful iPhone and therefore a counterpoint to your statement that sales would have tanked if Apple hadn't made a larger screen.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I've had every iteration of iPhone since day one. Palm Treo was my device before the first iPhone. Actually not a bad piece of crap.

Having said that, since day one I have upgraded to every iPhone except the "c" and "se". This includes trying both screen sizes of the 6 and 6s series.

Periodically in that time I have also dropped iPhone just for shitz'and'giggles a few times trying the BB Storm 1&2, Samsung S4, Samsung S7 Edge, and an HTC Somethingsomething.

Having done all that, screen size and screen quality was actually the main factor in most of those choices. As users, our first and only real connection to these devices is visual, if not intellectual.

11. se95dah macrumors member

I definitely would not have switched. I've loved the 6 and now 7, and definitely prefer the bigger screen but at the same time I love the way the SE fits my hand and my pocket. I'm still torn on which is the better size for an iPhone

12. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Nope. I wouldn't have switched. To me the phone is more than just the screen size. For me it's the platform first, hardware second. So I would have stayed with the iPhone.

If the hardware and screen size would have need the first consideration, I wold have found it harder to dump Samsung. Which wasn't at all.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

14. Nancy bout macrumors regular

15. marf1million macrumors regular

Who knows for sure, but I'd say it's probably likely.