I´m going crazy with LaCie external HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FeliApple, Oct 14, 2016.

1. FeliApple macrumors 6502

I have a new rMBP13 (new user of Mac OS as well). As I got the basic version, I bought with it the 2TB porsche design LaCie HDD. I have around 20GB worth of photos in the Mac and in the HDD, and, in order to delete them from the Mac, I need to be sure that they are on the HDD. I do not know how to do this, as I have on the HDD photos from 3 different devices. On the Mac, they are neatly organized (per device, and in chronological order). On the HDD, it´s a freaking mess, and I have uploaded them exactly on the same way.

Also, I want to organize folders with every photo, and I have two folders now: One with photos of a trip, and the rest of photos (ROP) on another folder. I want to take out some of the pictures in the rest of photos folder, and put them in a new folder. I select the pictures and put ´create folder´but it creates the folder inside the rest of photos folder. How can I do to create a folder outside the ROP folder and get some pictures from the ROP folder to the new one?

2. mollyc macrumors 6502

Just open a new finder window and go to the main area (top folder) where you want your new folder to live. It could be a sub folder of something, or just on the Desktop, etc.

I typically have two finder windows open at once with the specific folders I am targeting, and then just drag and drop the files between the two.

3. FeliApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I was three hours trying to find a solution. Should have asked earlier. It worked impeccably, thank you! If only I knew I could open another finder window by right clicking... I just clicked on the dock and it opened the same window. Thank you again!