I´m screwed right?...Please say no!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mastomania, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mastomania, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

mastomania macrumors newbie

Ok, when i saw that the ios 5 gm had been released i got so excited that i downloaded it and upgraded my iphone 4 with it on the spot.

It was just after i booted the iphone 4 with iOS 5 that i realised that i was using gevey sim, and that gevey sim might not work in iOS 5 ;(

And surley it diden´t.
    I´t doesn´t work because i can´t get trough the f´in setup process.
    It asks me to write my pin code and i do it and after that the usual "accept" or "decline" thing shows up and i click accept wait 15 secounds, call 112 for 2 seconds, but after that i´m not able to put my device in airplane mode.

the iphone shows this message "you are using sim card from an unsupported carrier" and i can´t get trough the signup process.

Is there any way i can unlock my iphone or downgrade to ios 4 or anything like that? or am i screwed?
    And no i didn´t backup shsh blobs, whatever that is.

I´ve read that snowbreez´s new jailbreak is supposed to preserve baseband which makes it possible to unlock with gevy sim, but im not sure.

Anybody got any suggestions?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry dude your SOL!

3. kingkunal macrumors newbie

Google

Google it. You should be able to downgrade. And follow the instructions using sn0wbreeze. Once you downgrade back to 4.3.5 or 4.3.3 your baseband will also downgrade. With that you can use sn0wbreeze to jailbreak with preserved baseband. it will work.

4. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

I already tried downgrading to 4.3.5 but i receive error 1604 in itunes, and itunes is unable to downgrade the firmware.
    Some people suggest that using another version of itunes 10.5 will fix the problem, so i´ll try that and let you know if it works.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Downgrade to iTunes 10.4. Downlad new 4.3.5 IPSW. Put iPhone into DFU mode. Shift-click or Option-click restore in iTunes. Direct to the new IPSW.

If that doesn't work, then You're probably SOL.

6. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Does downgrading your iOS version from 5 to 4.x also downgrade your modem firmware? My understanding is that it won't and really that is all that matters when using the Gevy is it not?

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It does not downgrade your firmware.

8. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Yes it does, i just did it.

Follow what Kyotoma said and then upgrade to Ios5 again using sn0wbreeze to preserve your baseband and you're good to go. If you choose the just preserve my baseband option then you won't need to do the boot tethered stuff. Though this will also mean no Cydia/Jailbreak if that matters to you.

9. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

10. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the sugesstions

I tried following your method, but after i was done downgrading to 4.3.5 in itunes 10.4.1 my iphone got into this wierd kind of dfu state where it is possible to enter pin but i can´t access airplane mode so i can´t unlock the iphone.
    H

How can i get my iphone out of this state to make it work normally?

Here´s a pic of how it looks
    [​IMG]

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you are in the US. Insert an AT&T sim in the phone, hook it up to Itunes and it will by pass this screen. Old/inactive AT&T sim will work. Otherwise, use Redsn0w to hactivate it.

12. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Aha, thanks!

So inserting any kind of supported sim will by pass it!

Macrumors is awsome :)

13. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Jesus! this day just becomes ******** and ********.........

I tried jailbreaking ios 4.3.5 with Redsn0w like you said but when i do that the iphone goes into dfu mode... ;(

from my understanding hacktivating is the same as jailbreaking, is that right?

Could you please provide me with a step by step guide to hacktivativating ios 4.3.5?

I need my Phone :(

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

15. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I followed the instructions, but the iphone still just goes into dfu mode when im jailbreaking with redsnow :/

I´ve tried 3 times now :(
    i´ll give it a last shot and if that doesn´t work i´ll blend my iPhone.

16. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Why do you need to jailbreak 4.3.5? If all you want is to go back to ios5 GM then restore to 4.3.5 stock, then update to ios5 using a custom created ipsw created with sn0wbreeze.

17. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i kinda understand

I downgraded my phone to ios 4.3.5, does that mean i have the baseband of ios 4 even though the phone is stuck and i can´t activate it?

And should i restore to the ios 5 ipsw created in snowbreez, because i can´t upgrade to it because of the locked iphone.

Thanks.

Hope it´ll work, i´ve been trying to figure this out for 24 hours now -.-

18. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Baseband can't downgrade. I am not sure what the baseband on OS5, but if you have 4.3.5, the baseband is 04.10.

Can you find an inactivate AT&T sim so you can by pass the emergency screen?

19. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Yes, as apple are still signing 4.3.5 when restoring to it in itunes it will also downgrade your baseband 04.10.01

So steps are as follows:

Downgrade iTunes to 10.4

Put phone into DFU mode and restore to 4.3.5

Restore backup to phone in itunes, and also create a new backups if you wish.

Now upgrade iTunes to the latest 10.5 beta on your Mac

Boot into windows via whatever means you have

Download and run the latest build of sn0wbreeze, when asked select the Ios5 GM IPSW and let it create a patched IPSW, you can choose to jailbreak or jiust preserve baseband, up to you. But if you choose the jailbreak option you will need to connect you iPhone to a computer each time you reboot it.

Next follow the instructions to put your phone into Pwned DFU mode, you will need to make sure that Parallels/Fusion gets the iphone USB during this process, so when asked where to connect the iphone to, always select the windows system.

Once the phone is in Pwned DFU modes, shut down parallels/fusion so the phone reconnects to your mac.

If iTunes doesn't start automatically, launch it.

iTunes should prompt you that an iPhone is in recover mode and needs to be restored. Select the iPhone and alt+click on restore. In the window that pops up choose the custom IPSW created by sn0wbreeze and start the restore.

Once completed, you will need to use a genuine SIM just to activate, once that is done you can restore to your backup and away you go.

In my experience the Gevey prompt never comes up on my iPhone on ios5, i have to go to settings, phone, sim applications and click on English, it then works as normal.

Good luck.

20. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to eveyone that has responded, i really aprecciate it!

And especially thanks to you "gazzer" for writing the step by step guide, it helped med alot.

I did everything you said, but after my iPhone had gone into pwned dfu mode, and i restore it in itunes with the custom firmware i created in snowbreez i got this message:

"the iphone could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build"
    And it goes back to ios 4.3.5.

I´m using itunes 10.5 b122
    Anybody got any suggestion? i´m so close to making it :D

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

22. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Hello, I just downgraded from ios5 and faced your issues but I encountered error (1). In short, I could not get out of recovery mode. Download and install 4.3.3 through restore after manually putting it in dfu mode. When the phone boots up it goes right into recovery mode put the phone back in dfu mode. Launch redsn0w and jailbreak, you'll see the phone jailbreak and it might get stuck on Installing Bundles, wait 5 minutes if nothing happens, simply reset your phone press the power and home button. Your phone will boot up normal with an unthethered jailbreak.

You cannot downgrade without saved shsh blogs and tiny umbrella.

23. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

hi,

thanks for the reply.

I sorted out the problem with the recovery mode earlier today aswell.
    All i did was hacktivating ios 4.3.5. with redsnow using an ios 4.3.4 ispw.
    Everything works fine, and the iphone is jailbroken (thethered )

But I still want to use IOS 5 really bad :D

24. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Well save your blobs from now on so you don't suffer lol.

25. mastomania thread starter macrumors newbie

Just did ;)