I’m torn. . . iPhone X or 8 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zord, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

Both are very similar in specs. But the limited availability makes me wonder how long I’ll have to wait for an iPhone that basically just gives me Face ID and Animoji features

2. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Same boat as you but decided on the 8 plus, the emoji thing was bleh and all the X has going for it is the screen. I'm okay with 1080 and longer battery life.

3. Droidbricker macrumors regular

Droidbricker

Custy up and get the X, if you don’t you’ll be stuck with the inferior phone and regret it all year.

4. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

Not inferior by that much besides an OLED screen. I have an Note 8 and S8 so I'm good. 8 Plus for me all day. The X isn't that spectacular when you put them side to side.

5. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

The 8 Plus has a wide screen and therefore will feel like a bigger screen. So that's an advantage too. However the Plus has huge bezels and the phone as a whole is much bigger than it should be. The 8 Plus is basically a 6SSS. I personally would say X, but the price tag is outrageous.

6. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502

Not even my iPad pro 12.9 256 GB gen2 cost as much as the X.

7. Droidbricker macrumors regular

Droidbricker

If you don’t consider the price or compare it to any other phone except iPhones it’s a decent upgrade. From a specs only standpoint it’s not that spectacular, but when is it when it comes to iPhones?

8. Hojobones macrumors newbie

Will the X screen seem too small if you are used to the plus? The X screen might be taller but it's not as wide. Wish could see in person before the release date to compare.

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

You have put the 8+ and X side by side for comparison?

10. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

It's just different, you get more content vertically but less horizontally. The Plus screen will feel bigger though.

11. PhoneI macrumors 65816

I have an OLED TV but that doesnt mean I dont want one on my iPhone.

The screen alone is worth the upgrade.

12. Carlos22Dayday macrumors regular

I'm going for an iPhone 8 plus, 256gb in space grey. The X just has the oled screen and the emoji thing. But it does look pretty freaking sweet. I'll get the 8 plus. Once the X becomes easily available, and once all the kinks have been fixed(it will have some) I'll probably look into upgrading to that.

13. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

Attached Files:

14. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I wish you could compare in person now as well. I can't decide between the plus and X and I'm coming from a 6+. Will the X be in the stores November 3? I'm going to take off work the day the X comes out.

15. geekiemac macrumors member

geekiemac

The only thing that kinda puts me off in getting the 8 Plus is the weight. I managed to get tennis elbow on my left arm from holding my 6S Plus. I know it's "only" 10 grams more but with time, you tend to feel it. These iPhones are just getting too heavy for my taste.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

small form factor would be great and increased battery life. but the face unlock is just not going to be practical yet i bet. Plus Now Iahve to buy a much un needed 256 gigs as I use 70 gigs right now.

17. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

There aren't enough changes going from the 7 to the 8 to warrant a purchase from me. The form factor has also been around since the 6, and a glass back doesn't save me from being sick of it.

As a result, I'm going with the X.

18. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

The dual stabilization in the camera system, the potential for developers and apps to utilize Face ID, new aesthetics, somewhat longer battery life, OLED screen, and etc in addition to everything the 8 does could potentially warrant the upgrade.

I think the 8/8+ are good phones considering how reliable and well my 7+ works, at least for anyone below the 7 lineup. iOS UI may not look as good as Android and can't touch the level of customization but the software optimization is so well done. 6S's still work well on iOS 10.

Personally, I'm going for the X though.

19. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Get the 8 and wait for the tech in the X to mature and the price to drop.

20. Macintosh IIcx macrumors 6502

Macintosh IIcx

The Plus versions are just too big for me. It will either be the 8 vanilla or the X if I can stomach the insane price.

21. iScone macrumors regular

And a bigger and far superior screen. And a better camera system. And a better form factor.

22. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

This is a great point! When I received the Note 8, the screen was more narrow than the 6 plus.

23. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

What exactly is inferior? Their internals are the same and many people, like myself, prefer having a home button and TouchID, not to mention longer battery life, and a display that may technically be smaller, but will actually likely seem larger because it's less narrow. Even if they were the same price I would still find it a tough choice.

24. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

I like the glass back of the 8+, and like the horse power of the A-11, I am getting the 8+. I like the Touch ID. Next year I will get the 11.