I’m torn. . . iPhone X or 8 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zord, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Zune55 macrumors 6502

Since iPhone 6 apple has not change the front of the iphone. Same look in iphone 8 but back is pretty. Specs are little more in X, release date is lot later than 8 availability could be tight. But ppl are saying they will go for 8 so its possible maybe less pre-order for X maybe you can get in mid-late November. I always want a better looking iphone but this year i am bored with iphone 8 front looks and iphone x top cutout bezel. Last month saw Galaxy S8 + at bestbuy and couldn't resist and bought one and i am in love with the display, looks, specs, features. This is the first year i think samsung used high build quality. I hope apple revise iphone x front and bring little more larger but top bezel free iphone.

2. borntrouble macrumors regular

borntrouble

If you want to carry an obsolete brick in your pocket with bezels that are as thick as the wallets of a lot of people on this forum are trying to pretend, then you should go with the 8 plus model. If you want to be a guinea pig for their newest, flawed and overpriced model, you should go with iPhone X.

If you wanna be smart, you'll get yourself the product with the best value for money at this point: iPhone 7 (+). And wait until the new design and probably 2nd gen. Face ID is added to their line-up next year.

Or you'll just hang out with your 6 until next year...

3. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Meh. Recently switched to Verizon and replaced my iPhone 7 for a Samsung galaxy s8 plus because of the OLED screen basically with the intention of returning it if I liked the iPhone X since I bought it the day before the announcement and having a Google pixel XL to use while I wait. That being said I'll stick with my S8 because of the price of the X.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Tbh the bezels is the reason why I went from an iPhone 6 plus to a 7. Way to big for me.

5. Thaddeuz Suspended

I am still using the iPhone 6
    I wont go for the iPhone 8, because "why?" its the same phone it only has better hardware. Which I dont need.

iPhone 6 is still freaking good and fast.

I will go for X because of design change. Something new and fresh.

Eventough I hate the design of X. Idk who designed it but I hope he or she will never design again.

6. iScone macrumors regular

No question for me. It's the X.

It's just a superior phone. Bigger and better screen. Better camera system. Better form factor.

It's bizarre to see so much doubt about this.

7. vtboyarc macrumors regular

vtboyarc

Just commenting on the differences, I want better camera and I want better battery life. The iPhone X has one and the 8 has the other.

8. steelo3232 macrumors regular

THIS IS WHAT I TOO AM WORRIED ABOUT

9. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

Because I feel like almost £64pm is just too much for the X 256gb despite being on the Upgrade Program. I can handle the £51pm on the Upgrade Program for the 8 Plus 256gb though since I was expecting pricing to be around £50pm before the Keynote.

My mind is continually changing at the moment, and I need to decide what I'm doing before the morning. It's either 8 Plus 256gb on Upgrade Program or X 64gb on Upgrade Program. Hell, I'm even considering the Galaxy Note 8 at this point due to OLED screen and great cameras, and I never thought I would. It's software is holding me back though with all that bloat and just general lack of optimisation.

10. DNichter macrumors 68020

DNichter

X, better screen and smaller form factor is worth it.

11. steelo3232 macrumors regular

I was going to get the X since I upgrade every year due one of the bevy of upgrade programs out there and the fact I, like many of you, have. Ultimately, the notch and the realm of the unknown made me decide to get the 8+ and skip the X. I suspect for many, part of what they want the X for is "status" having the newest gadget out there. For a period, I had a Galaxy note because frankly apples small screens and phones were not cutting it for me. Luckily a year later the plus variants came back. I'm too embedded into the ecosystem now to switch, if I weren't I'd be a Note 8 owner in a heartbeat.

To me, it does ZERO good to have the best looking gadget in the world if the experience using it is horrendous. Is the design of the 8plus "boring" Yes very much so. Is it bad> not by any stretch. But I KNOW it will work, the way it works is familiar and I'm efficient using it. Not to mention the use of the UI on the 8plus will mirror that of my IPAD PRO... having two UI's in the same ecosystem is plain ridiculous.

If someone gave you a BMW and it ran 1/3 of the time or you only used the sunroof once a year.... would you miss your honda civic that ran 99 percent of the time and would you trade that for the look of the sun roof.

User experience matters MORE than the look of the device. I'll let the bugs play out and take the 8 plus this year.

12. DNichter macrumors 68020

DNichter

The Plus looks massive compared to the X. Can't wait.

13. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

Coming from a regular 7. I'm thinking of going 8 Plus on Upgrade Program. I tried the 7 Plus in store today to get a feel for the size and yes it's big and not the most comfortable but I reckon I could manage it. Daily life with a phone is much different to trying in store though so I'll return within the 14 days if I struggle with it, and maybe try the Note 8 or wait for the iPhone X despite it being more expensive.

14. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

--- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 at 8:11 PM ---
    I see the iPhone X like phone being in the 8/8+ price range two years from now. iPhone X is the future of the iPhone. I think the 8/8+ being where the 6/6+ is right now.