iPhone X I’ve had an x for about 3 days and it’s disappointing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

I’m on iOS 11.3 and the battery is terrible.
    It’s always overheating and the phone last me a good 6 hours.

With my 8 plus my battery was awesome and I was also running 11.3 and it was great ! Would last me about 8-9 hours

2. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Sounds like a faulty unit. I get a full 24 hours before charging and about 10-12 hours usage.

Certainly shouldn't be getting warm like that.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

What do your battery stats say about what is using the most battery?

4. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I easily am able to make it through the day on my X and I consider myself a moderate to heavy user of my phone. It definitely seems like something is up with your device. I would take it to Apple to look at. Or since you've had it three days, exchange it.

5. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

In my eyes it is not worth the price. Curious what they bring this fall.

6. sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

I don’t know how representative 3 days of usage is, but if it keeps being disappointing like that you should just contact support or return it.

7. Relentless Power, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Your thread title seems to be misleading/confusing from How you’re describing this. You’re saying iOS 11.3 and the battery is ‘terrible’, but what exactly is disappointing about the _iPhone X itself_ aside from overheating? Which when you say “Overheating”, is it to the point where you can’t hold it or are you getting an alert on your iPhone? Are you using an Apple MFI cable and charging brick?

Perhaps Something else is contributing to the battery drain, have you checked your battery usage under settings? If Your iPhone is defective, exchange it for a new one and then reevaluate from there. You’re not listing any of the features that’s causing the iPhone X to be a disappointing experience, it appears this could be something related directly to the battery.

8. Raist3001 macrumors 65816

Raist3001

Sounds like a bad unit. My X that I have had since 12/17 lasts me thru my day. Check your battery stats to see what may be happening or just have your X swapped out by apple.

9. srminton macrumors regular

srminton

If someone got a Samsung Note and said the battery was not lasting more than 6 hours and the phone was running hot, you probably wouldn't say: "In my eyes it it not worth the price." You'd probably wonder why it conflicted with your own experience, and suggest they either return the phone or review their apps.

(I mention Samsung because you have previously said that you currently use a Samsung Note and are considering a Samsung Galaxy for your next upgrade, so I'm assuming you're pretty satisfied with the performance of Samsung phones).

Or to put it another way - judging whether or not the iPhone X is "worth the price" (which it may not be) has nothing to do with this one person's experience of the phone which is clearly an outlier. If every iPhone X was running hot and burning through the battery in 6 hours, we would have had Congressional hearings by now.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sounds to me it is broken. But if you do not like it, I would go back to your 8 plus. I had one and it is a great device. My X lasts all day long. If your is getting hot, it is either broken or you are playing games or watching videos.

11. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

The 8 Plus has better battery than the X.

What do you mean overheating?

What are you doing so your phone only lasts 6 hours?

12. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

The battery should last 8-10 hours or so of usage over 16-36 hrs standby.

13. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Whats worth the price is completely based on how you use your phone. Those who use it just for texts/pics then sure it might not be.

14. Knockoutjosie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

It’s always warm. Near the top camera

YouTube , Twitter and Instagram. It all says background activity
    over all this phone is disappointing
    mostly just safari , Instagram , Snapchat and Spotify

15. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Perhaps it's Spotify killing your battery. I don't know. I don't use it. Otherwise the others shouldn't be.

16. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

I've had an iPhone X for 4 months and it's awesome.

17. AceFernalld macrumors 68000

AceFernalld

Being warm is not overheating. Sometimes the first few days they're slower / warmer / get worse battery life because they're indexing. But 3 days in that should not be a problem anymore. I've had my X since it came out and I love it.

Edit: I came from a 7 Plus and the X definitely doesn't get as good battery life but I can still make it last a day. If you remain dissatisfied over the next week you may want to return it and wait for the 'X2 Plus,' which should have a bigger screen and a bigger battery

18. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

19. PhoneMe1 Suspended

PhoneMe1

You took the bait :)

20. 960design macrumors 68030

My X only acts like that when I'm mining crypto. Definitely should get it checked out.

Good news! You still have 12 days to return it, no questions asked.

21. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

You bought an X in December. Why are you buying another one and just realizing it is disappointing--Just Curious

22. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

He had an X in November as well.

23. Knockoutjosie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Knockoutjosie

Sold it , bought an 8plus , bought another x, handed it down to my sister , bought another x to give it a try. Overheats

24. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

The OP sounds like he/she might be a chronic complainer
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    You already bought 2 X's before this. You should know by now the phone is a disappointment. I knew right away when I bought my second one that the phone wasn't for me

25. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Its no bait and it is still not worth the price battery issues or not. ‍♂️