I always just walk into AT&T on launch day with no lines and buy a new one--is this time different?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavventi, Sep 12, 2015.

1. lavventi macrumors newbie

Going back to the iPhone 4, I've upgraded my iPhone every year. A colleague tells me when its launch day and we walk two blocks to the AT&T store and get an upgrade. We've never experienced lines or had any issues. I read that a new one has been announced and came here to read about it...seeing all of these pre-order threads makes me wonder if I should be ordering one ahead of time. Is this a unique release or should I be able to just buy it when it's released as I always do?

2. Merlyn3D macrumors regular

Do you live in a rural area? If so, that's probably why you can do what you do.

3. Ninerboy81 macrumors regular

Ninerboy81

I think last year was the worse so far. I've camped out for the 5 and 5S and the 6 and the 6 was by far the worse. I think this year will be fairly easy just because everyone was hyped up about the size last year. I think you'll be fine.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Carrier stores are usually easier to get them at than the apple store, so if you're going to one that hasn't had lines before it should be fine this time around too.

5. lavventi thread starter macrumors newbie

It's downtown Denver, which has a fairly empty behind-the-times cowtown feel to it but it's still a city.

Thanks to all the other replies. I think I'll take the gamble and hopefully I can grab one.

6. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

The majority of the posts here on preorders are from people who are more than a little obsessed with it. I come to look at them because some comments get to be humerous. There are so many questions from people worried about things that are impossible to answer until the events unfold: Like asking if an October delivery date will be moved to September. Also the threads about people who have decided to change their orders 5 minutes after they've entered them and so on.

7. bueller1 macrumors 6502

Lol. Insane.

8. cardfan macrumors 65816

Same in Louisville, KY. It's usually quicker to wait til launch day and just go to a carrier.

9. Merlyn3D macrumors regular

My own preference is not to buy from the carrier and buy an unlocked phone directly from Apple. That's why I'm pleased with the reservation system they're doing this time.

10. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

These boards are like this every single year, you just haven't been here to see it in past years.

11. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

I too find it hilarious how impatient and nervous people can get over because they have to wait two extra days for a freakin smartphone.