I am a lucky guy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBR900RR, Oct 23, 2013.

1. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Sorry but I have to brag about my lucks, I did the 3 impossible.

Unlock my 5s for $1.99 thru swiftunlocks the day before AT&T tighten up the unlock service.

AT&T waive my upgrade fee the day before the statement due date, which is today.

Also yesterday right after the keynote, there is no mention about the software fix or acknowledge of the gyro/motion sensor problem, I call apple-care and complain about the problem, go thru the regular rep, senior advisor, engineer, after sales and finally the sales department, they order me a brand-new black retail box 64g gold 5s replacement, no credit card hold, and free shipping, already show up on the order status page.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

well not so lucky. since the gyro problem has already been fixed LOL

3. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

did you even bother to install 7.0.3 which came out after the keynote... what a waste of time.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Not so lucky, you wasted all your time, effort and again time to get them to replace something that is fixed now w/ 7.0.3

I got my unlock that monday after the weekend release, so I also got it for $2 :)

I chatted w/ a CS and got a $20 credit for my upgrade fee since I had to waste 45 minutes w/ them to actually activate my phone the first day. (You won that one!)

Enjoy the new toy and good luck, just don't spend it all!

5. CBR900RR, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

CBR900RR thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like I said on the post, no announcement on the keynote, and by the time I saw the 7.03 update, it too late to cancel the order.

Like most people order it online on the 20th, shipped (invoice date) on the 22nd, yesterday was the last day to get a full refund, and I had been patiently waiting for the full 30 days, any hint of the new OS or acknowledgement of the problem from apple will help with the situation.

6. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

So how exactly were you lucky? I don't get it.

7. CBR900RR thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unlock, fee waive and a retail box replacement, are you asking for real?

8. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You are not that lucky, your endeavor was maybe a little coincidental at most.

9. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

oVerboost

10. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Hope your new one is not a dud:) that would be unlucky.

11. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

I could do all 3 of them right now if I wanted to. Oh wait my phone is already unlocked..

12. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yes it will be unlocked. I bought a locked AT&T iPhone and then a 3rd party unlock. When I had it replaced they replaced it with an unlocked model.

When they do the replacement they look up the lock/unlocked status and match it on the replacement.

13. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

" I call apple-care and complain about the problem, go thru the regular rep, senior advisor, engineer, after sales and finally the sales department..."

_______

Unless you value your time at only minimum wage I'd venture, 'not so lucky'.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, you must be the luckiest guy on earth:D
    lol

15. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

You should probably go buy a lottery ticket while you are on your lucky streak. :rolleyes:

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

I was thinking the same thing. Sine he said he is getting a new in box replacement I'm not sure if it will save the unlock status like a normal replacement would.

17. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

So you got your phone unlocked and now your going to send it back to apple?

You do realise that you can't keep both phones right?

18. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Some people:

1. Have too much time on their hands
    2. Needs a little stroking by material things to feel better about themselves.
    3. Wants to be the center of attention by broadcasting it to the internet

Cool story, bro.

----------

I love how people think they're so clever and then it back fires. I agree with you guys that if it's a new in the box replacement it won't be unlocked. Happened to a friend of mine before because he insisted that a retail box unit is better because he's misinformed.

19. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

You're right. I missed that part. His original purchase was locked and he bought a 3rd party unlock. If they shipped him a Brand new order then it probably has the same lock status as the original order.

He'll have to buy another unlock... Not so lucky after all.

20. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Op could you please link us to your blog, your life sounds awesome and I want to live it with you.

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoL..... so now he'll have to pay $45 or more + his 1.99..... yeah not so lucky lol.