I am a pleb and deleted the basesystem files from my Mac for beta 3. Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by sjn419, Sep 19, 2014.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

I reformatted my drive after creating a boot up drive on a USB and now I can't install the OS. I don't know how I missed this step. Can anyone please upload the 2 basesystem files for me?

2. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

4. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

5. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

Yeah and then it boots into installation. I did the same thing when I bought new SSD, you're doing something wrong.

6. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

theres an issue with the computer and it keeps shutting off. I need to install the OS thats comes with

----------

does anyone have the install file still that can help me out?

7. w0lf, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

www.google.com

It's against the rules to share links here. Probably best you learn how to do a google search anyways...

8. djh816 macrumors newbie

The recovery partition should let you restore your mac to a supported version of Mac OS X. If your computer has a corrupt recovery partition, you will need to find a retail copy of Mac OS X supported by your machine (DVD or USB depending on what your machine supports), boot off that, format the entire drive with Disk Utility, then do a clean install. Posting copyrighted files is strictly against the forum rules. You are on your own for finding a copy of Mac OS X if you need it.

9. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Did you try to boot into Internet Recovery by holding down Command+Option+R at startup?