Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
...but there is few things I do not get....???

My contract with AT&T (USA) is almost done.. Right now I am using Sony Ericsson W810. I have plan 450 minutes for $39.99 + unlimited data for $15/month + 200 TXTs for $5/month.

I do not want extend my contract with ATT. I would like to pay month to month so that way I can stop my membership anytime. BUT I want to have iPhone. Sooooo of course ebay my friend and I found hundreds of them, used and new one.. but I do not get how it will work with my SIM card? I would like to get iPhone 3G. My current SIM card has a 3G sign (fire ball) and CINGULAR name on. Also I would like to use all my current plan + data + TXT's.

about month ago I had a chance to play with Nokia N85 (which I hated).. and of course it was unlock phone. All my 3G connection worked just fine + data.. I could listen to satellite radio thru my car stereo using 3G connection, use internet etc..

so PLEASE... explain it to me as easy as it is possible.. what is my option?

I know one thing that I am not going to use this phone to be on line all the time.. I have access to WiFi at home and at work so I would use that option.. I just want use internet from time to time and mostly just have a great phone with all the futures..

thank U :)

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I jb and unlocked my first gen i and gave it to my brother. He put his card (not iPhone) in it and was away to the races. Not sure if ATT can tell if you have an i if it's unlocked.... Im sure someone knows the answer. I don't see how they can make you extend if you're buying your i on your own and not through them. Shouldn't be an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.