I am getting mad at Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MN7119, Oct 1, 2012.

1. MN7119 macrumors regular

I have been trying to buy two extra of the new stupid cable that Apple is using on the iPhone 5 and had no success in more than 5 stores in my area. The Apple site says it will ship in 2 weeks. This is ridiculous!!!! How can a company like Apple change a cable that will be used by millions of people and not foresee a huge demand on them? It looks like it is time to sell AAPL since the company is going downhill.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

HAHAHAHA! DOOMSDAY!
    You're going to unload your stock (supposedly) because of a cable? Crazy.

3. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Loads in the UK .... take a trip

4. MN7119 thread starter macrumors regular

It is not because a cable. It is the overall stupidity of the company lately. Lighting cable supply, Maps “joke”, iPhone 5 supply, and much more. MrGimper said there are loads of the cable in the UK and NONE in the US. Another stupid supply chain decision.

5. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

I like the maps "joke". It gets me from point a to point b. :)

6. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Order it online. It said 2-3 weeks shipping, but both orderes I placed for lightning-USB cables shipped that same night and arrived the next day.

I'm not sure what the deal is with their website, but just order it online.

7. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I have seen quite a few at the Apple store but you can also call around to Verizon stores as they had quite a few there as well. I am on AT&T but I went to Verizon because they have more cases. Call a few of them and you might be able to find a couple cords.

8. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Well, this is only a minor inconvenience in my eyes. At least you have the one that was supplied with the phone. Its not like it is unusable or anything. I'm sure you can wait the 2 weeks to receive these spare or extra cables.

9. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I found them in the StL with barely any issue.

I loaded up the Apple Store App on Friday during the day (during Apple's Retail Operating Hours), selected the Lightning Cable for in store pick up... It stated the cable would arrive October 19.

Instead, I waited...

I tried again on Saturday morning before the Apple store opened, they were in stock. I bought two for in store pick up. I picked them up later that day.

Try that. Try ordering them off of the Apple Store App before the store would open that day in your area.

10. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Sounds like a troll. He registered just to make that post.

11. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Att didn't have any but Verizon had a bunch today.

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

13. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

My local store had over 100. I'm sure you'll have some soon.

GL!

14. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I feel u 2 weeks is a very very longtime! :rolleyes:
    I would start my order now instead of making a thread about it.
    So at least today wouldnt be a waste day!

15. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I ordered my 3rd and 4th from Apple last week and they arrived today.

I think they are doing pretty well considering.

16. aloecool macrumors regular

I also did the same w/the in store pick up using the Apple Store App on the phone.

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

i'm sure Tim is quaking in his boots right this second. :rolleyes:

18. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

19. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

yeah I second this, they had all the lightening bits and bobs (minus the 30-pin adaptor) in the touchwood solihull store yesterday where i picked up an extra lightening>usb cable for my car.

20. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Why don't you do what I did for the time being, take your cable with you everywhere that way you can charge your phone in your car or at home. Just get your little bag or something and put it in there and carry it with you. You can put it in your laptop bag or bring it with you in the car etc. etc. Then when the Apple Store becomes more available you can also buy another one there. They are also available at the AT&T store and most likely at the Sprint or Verizon stores as well

21. ItsWelshy macrumors regular

I have to say I sympathise with the OP, I left work on Friday and left my Lightning cable on my desk by accident... as I work 45 minutes from home, I popped into my local town to purchase another, rather than travel back to work... Couldn't find one in O2, Vodafone, Orange or t-Mobile. I even tried the iStore, who also had none in stock.

Whilst I'm aware I could have ordered a spare with the iPhone 5 (direct from Apple) I do think they should have been churning these out to retail chains, its rendered my phone useless this weekend, admittedly my fault, but feel there should be stock at places selling iphone 5.

All the other comments made by the OP are complete nonsense.

Maps is a wonderful app, turn by turn is by far the best I've used.

What gets me is that no one has been moaning about Tom Tom before, as soon as it's released on iPhone, the world collapses.

BTW, anyone who would sell their Apple stock do to not being able to buy a cable, doesn't have Apple stock :)

22. Jman13 macrumors 68000

If there aren't any locally, order them from Apple. As mentioned earlier, the website is wrong. Order now, you'll get them by Wednesday. I ordered two the day of release (21st)...it showed delivery mid-october. I got them last Tuesday.

23. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

The Apple Store in San Diego has tons of them. I bought an extra one last week. I had never been to that store before as I am visiting San Diego on a business trip. The new Apple Maps got me to the store with no issues at all.

24. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Same here, ordered online from Apple and received my cables latter that week.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No, because he unloaded it. Derp!