Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

girlsdontpoop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
ok so first i want to start by saying i have a jailbroken ipad1, and absolutely no finances to spend on repairs, my problem is that last night i was downloading a game off of installous and i fell asleep during the download so the battery ran out, wen i tried to use the ipad it needed to be charged so i begun doing so, when i checked on it later it had the apple boot logo on it, and now its just stuck on the boot logo, it wont turn off therfore i cannot use any redsnow options to my knowledge all of them ask for the device to be turned off, and i tryd to restore it on itunes but it said there was an unknown error code (-50)
and that the proper disk could not be found or somthing like that, realy anybody that could help it would be much apritiated. :confused:

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
ok so first i want to start by saying i have a jailbroken ipad1, and absolutely no finances to spend on repairs, my problem is that last night i was downloading a game off of installous and i fell asleep during the download so the battery ran out, wen i tried to use the ipad it needed to be charged so i begun doing so, when i checked on it later it had the apple boot logo on it, and now its just stuck on the boot logo, it wont turn off therfore i cannot use any redsnow options to my knowledge all of them ask for the device to be turned off, and i tryd to restore it on itunes but it said there was an unknown error code (-50)
and that the proper disk could not be found or somthing like that, realy anybody that could help it would be much apritiated. :confused:

DFU restore it and stop pirating apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.