I am in the market for an extra Power Adapter for MacBook Pro 15"...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmFightSpam, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jmFightSpam macrumors regular

Hi,

I want an extra power adapter for my MacBook Pro 15". That way I can leave one at home and travel with one. You know, the normal situation.

However, I am reading horror stories about the power adapter (fraying, etc.). But then I saw that Apple pulled those adapters and replaced them (maybe) with a better version.

Basically, which adapter should I buy and where should I buy it from? Does the Apple store / MacMall have the newest adapters that don't fray or am I confused about something?

Thanks.

2. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Yeah I'd buy it from the Apple Store if I were you. You can probably find it cheaper on eBay, but there is no guarantee that it wont be one of the defective ones. Better safe than sorry!

3. dcv macrumors G3

I think most of the problems were with the earliest power adapters for the CD not C2D MacBooks/Pros (but I might be wrong).

I think there's also supposed to be a more compact version of the charger now; the picture on the Apple Store certainly looks like a smaller square shaped one like the MacBook and PowerBook chargers rather than the huge rectangular brick that shipped with my 15" MBP!