I am picking up a 2.5GHz MacBook Pro, Was wondering the real world battery life.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bliks, Jan 12, 2009.

1. bliks macrumors member

I am in college and I will be picking up a macbook pro 15" with the 2.5GHz processor.

I was wondering what the real world battery performance is like. With wifi on at all times and if possible in battery saver mode and high performance mode.

Thanks for the info

Cory - bliks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I dim the screen brightness about 4 levels, and I usually get 3-4 hours out of a charge. Your mileage may vary.

3. bliks thread starter macrumors member

3-4 hours? Thats not that bad.

What about brightness cranked and everything else on max?

4. jho86 macrumors newbie

brightness cranked to max and keyboard light to max - surfing the net and using MSN and itunes gives me ~2.5-3hr depending if im on youtube or loading flash videos

5. faust macrumors regular

faust

Trying to give yourself cancer of the eyes? My mid-2007 MBP gets about 4 hours of battery life with the backlight on the screen turned all the way up.

6. bliks thread starter macrumors member

So the brightness all the way to the top doesn't really change much... Haha, thanks for the info guys!

Im excited to pick up this laptop... It will be my first mac... Are there any other special things a long time pc guy should know? :p

7. HBOC macrumors 68020

the difference between the screen being on he dimmer side of the settings versus the max side is about 30 minutes. Turn the keyboard lights off, and that will add another 10 minutes or so, plus turn off bluetooth and wifi if not in use and that will add a bit as well. I get about 3 or 3.5, maybe 4 hours sometimes.