I am rabidly jealous of the iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bollweevil, Jul 2, 2008.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

I have had an iPhone since January, and it is almost perfect. The new iPhone 3G fixes all but two of the complaints I have about the current iPhone. The 3G iPhone has:

A flush headphone jack - I want that so bad! Needing an adapter is annoying! On at least six occasions I have wanted to plug my iPhone into a PA system, or stereo system, or car tapedeck adapter, but I didn't bring the adapter. I bring my iPhone everywhere, but the headphone adapter is just barely not useful enough to bring everywhere.

3G internet - faster!

GPS - the wifi/cell tower positioning is a little imprecise, especially when there are no hotspots to use for positioning. I use Maps all the time, so GPS would really help me a lot.

The two problems that haven't been fixed:

Still no Flash - This only bothers me a little bit.

Still no Verizon - Verizon has by far the best coverage in my area, using AT&T is moderately annoying.

Eventually Apple will fix those last two problems and the iPhone will be perfect. I have a few lesser complaints, too:

No copy/paste

No voice memos

Too little memory (16 or 32G would be much better)

2. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

All the things like copy/paste ect.. can be updated with a simple update, when apple release it, so you only are missing out on 2 things, but the iphone adapter for a headphone can be solved too. However i do feel for you.

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Hopefully flash will be corrected soon.

I could NOT care less about verizon.

Copy and Paste would be nice, I agree.

Voice memo's, again I don't care.

Too little memory, ummm 16GB is available. 32GB would be nice but they need to have something to update in 2009. :D

4. Asar macrumors regular

if iphone came to verizon, it would be $50 a month just for internet lol. no thanks

5. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

I never really did understand this but what in god given earth do you need more than 16gbs for, like I feel like we are forgetting what we are talking about it's a cellphone I don't believe that apple made it to replace a computer. :confused:

6. yode macrumors 6502

Why 50, when it is 15 for 'feature phones' and 30 for pda's. (Unlimited data)

7. Badgerguy macrumors member

I don't know about Verizon - as I'm in the UK, but as for the rest of the features - well, hopefully they'll get added in a future update - so keep on shouting about these things in Apple's general direction and hopefully they'll add them in!

One of the things that sets the iPhone apart from competing handsets is Apple's commitment to adding new features through software updates over time - how many other handset manufacturers offer complete upgrades with major new features after the handsets been out for a year /and/ a new model is available? :)

--
    BG

8. gandalf18 macrumors member

My music collection takes up most of that space - and with the app store coming - well, those apps are going to take up space quickly. Everytime I buy a new computer with larger memory, I think that I can't possibly use it all. And everytime a few years in, I'm trying to find files to delete...

9. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Well this could be an option take only the songs that you really like I only have 2gbs of songs. But also there could be a limit of how many apps the iphone can take so watch out! And also I think the iphone mp3 player is for casual music listeners not really suppose to substitute a ipod video.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For the 768th bazillionth time, Jobs presented this to Verizon *FIRST*, and was laughed out of the doors. Verizon refused to work with him. It isn't Jobs, nor Apple's fault that it doesn't work on Verizon. Blame the executive board of your provider for that smeg up. They lost out, and no amount of whining or complaining is going to bring the iPhone to Verizon.

Second, until/unless Verizon finally jumps ship with CDMA, they won't be getting the iPhone for a very VERY long time. I seriously doubt Apple will make a phone for two separate network types, when GSM is used everywhere on the planet. CDMA is pretty much only here in the US, and like the industrial age, it will soon be dead and gone. So either get with the times, or get with the times.

Now, Flash. That isn't Apple's fault either. Just like your web browser (safari, IE, Firefox, Opera, Konquerer, Netscape, Mosaic, Galeon, Chimera, etc.), Flash is a PLUG-IN. Is it Apple's fault Adobe/Macromedia/whoevertheyare hasn't made one that can be used on the iPhone? No.

Honestly, the dog is barking up wrong tree for a LOT of these.

Cut'n'Paste/voice memos I'm okay without for now. I don't have an iPhone (plan to get one), but since I've gone without cut'n'paste on my previous phones, it won't hurt me not to have it right now. when it comes out, it will come out. Same with voice memo, MMS, and whatever else.

BL.

11. Moose408 macrumors newbie

Actually that is incorrect. Adobe would like to have flash on the iPhone and have asked Apple repeatedly to do so but Apple has refused.