Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone XS Max I am so noob to iOS and the Xsmax, and needing notification illumination info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

farbeyondrivin

Suspended
Original poster
It should, unless you have an Apple Watch.

Have you decided if your going to use iCloud?

Wow. Your already to go, I know the feeling.

Is it your first iPhone?

Yes, and with any device I adapt once
knowing correct settings, as of now so many in the device I read about.

[doublepost=1563736686][/doublepost]
Wow. Your already to go, I know the feeling.

Is it your first iPhone?
cant afford, and never wore a watch.

Comment

littlemidge

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2018
Simply put, MY max comes the 22nd. I am an ex-android samsung owner and needing to know does the screen Wake upon notifications? I am a fast acclimater to devices but any answer will do.
Yes. It does. I had a Facebook notification earlier, and my screen definitely woke for it.

Reactions: farbeyondrivin
Comment

Ralfi

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
You can set each App’s Notifications individually to wake up the phone or not.

IOS added some customisation to Notifications a couple of IOS updates ago.

Good luck.

Comment

now i see it

macrumors 603
Jan 2, 2002
Coming from android, iOS will feel like a prison. So be prepared for that. If you get frustrated with its limitations just toss the iPhone in a drawer and come back to it when you've cooled off. It took me 3 months of in the drawer/out of the drawer usage (tossing it in there in disgust) until it didn't bug me so much. If you hang in there long enough, you'll get used to its weirdness and it won't seem so bad eventually.
But I'd never want to "discover iOS" ever again. Once in a lifetime is enough.

Comment

farbeyondrivin

Suspended
Original poster
Coming from android, iOS will feel like a prison. So be prepared for that. If you get frustrated with its limitations just toss the iPhone in a drawer and come back to it when you've cooled off. It took me 3 months of in the drawer/out of the drawer usage (tossing it in there in disgust) until it didn't bug me so much. If you hang in there long enough, you'll get used to its weirdness and it won't seem so bad eventually.

Definition of prison. 3 EXCHANGES of s10 pluses and each the same result. Dee fect ive.

Comment

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
now you have the right insight. My need for edge burning speed is done. I want what works. And no jailbreaking included.

My wife is average people who are not techie. When she had iPhone, she does not even know what iMessage is and she doesn’t realize iMessage was on.

She rocks on Android phone just fine. Last year, I brought her iPhone XR as gift, she returned it and kept her Android phone.

You don’t need to be techie to use Android. It is just as easy to use as iPhone. To some extend, iPhone is much harder to use than Android. Getting files out, downloading attachments, plug in USB devices etc are way easier on Android side.

Comment

farbeyondrivin

Suspended
Original poster
My wife is average people who are not techie. When she had iPhone, she does not even know what iMessage is and she doesn’t realize iMessage was on.

She rocks on Android phone just fine. Last year, I brought her iPhone XR as gift, she returned it and kept her Android phone.

You don’t need to be techie to use Android. It is just as easy to use as iPhone. To some extend, iPhone is much harder to use than Android. Getting files out, downloading attachments, plug in USB devices etc are way easier on Android side.

I was a prior samsung tech with chat support, and I need no evidence, and you might consider android if not happy with iphone.

Comment

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
none for me, as OP said. 10 is a joke. go to reddit and see them drop like flies. I got out when I could. sorry you dont see it.

I am just saying. Go through multiple iPhone for a functional one is not unusual. It happens for any mess produced stuffs.
[doublepost=1563748348][/doublepost]
I was a prior samsung tech with chat support, and I need no evidence, and you might consider android if not happy with iphone.

I go through phases. I will use iPhone for a while then go back to Android. My max time with iPhone was like half month, then stayed with Android for like 7 months, then switched back to iPhone for like other half month.

I need switch to iPhone to appreciate how good Android is.

Reactions: UltraInstinct
Comment

Davidhedge

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2017

Android is cool, iOS is ahead big time with just stability and updates. Plus Samsung’s one UI is the worse skinned android phones out easily. Ugly looking and slows down in a couple months. You get to enjoy updates 8 months after google releases them. Have fun with your “freedom” on a Samsung device.

Comment

farbeyondrivin

Suspended
Original poster
Android is cool, iOS is ahead big time with just stability and updates. Plus Samsung’s one UI is the worse skinned android phones out easily. Ugly looking and slows down in a couple months. You get to enjoy updates 8 months after google releases them. Have fun with your “freedom” on a Samsung device.
I hope its clear i have a xsmax coming tomorrow. Just keeping this on same page.

Comment

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
At least with apple you go right to the store and walk out with new phone. How’s Samsung’s customer service?

I don’t know. I never own Samsung? All my Android devices has been fantastic and without issue?
[doublepost=1563762165][/doublepost]

My Android phone did not slow down and feature wise, iOS is way behind

Comment

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London

Without access to apple ecosystem, androids “freedom” feels restrictive.

Reactions: Davidhedge
Comment

Davidhedge

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2017
I hope its clear i have a xsmax coming tomorrow. Just keeping this on same page.

Sorry about that, I just hate when people bash either OS. I’ve used both for a long time and I think they are both great but I just much prefer iOS. Enjoy your max though!

Comment

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
And it is not that I don’t have iPhone. I just don’t buy it at full price. I am currently carrying iPhone 7 along with my daily driver, Huawei P30. And this refurbished iPhone 7 only cost about 379 tax included. This is how much I value iPhone. Not paying $1000 or more for iPhone, it is so overpriced.

Last edited:
Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.