I am still annoyed by the isight quality on my unibody macboook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Apr 30, 2009.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

I don't know if anyone remembers my earlier post about the quality of the isight camera. Once again, the quality of the isight camera in the earlier macbook pro is way more clear than the unibody macbook pro. The model I have is the 15 inch stock version.

I can be in the clearest day and have a lot of flickering going on through the screen. Better yet, the iPhone's camera is more clearer than the macbook pro. Is anyone having similar problems?

And yes I tried doing everything such as fixing it through ichat. I can't fix it through quicktime because I don't have quicktime pro.

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

I wouldn't call the iSight the best quality webcam I have ever seen but it seams to do okay. I don't think that a lot flickering should be happening, it's not happening on my UMBP. You might want to take your UMBP to an Apple store and compare its iSight performance side-by-side with the MBPs in the store.

3. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll think about doing that when I get a chance, thanks. But I'm telling you, if you compare it to the early macbook pro, the quality looks worse.