I am thrilled Apple thought to delay all strap shipments to Apr 29

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by KauaiBruce, Apr 13, 2015.

1. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I had been wondering why from the beginning all of the extra straps seemed to have a shipping window of April 29 - May 12. THEN I realized it is not because they are not ready but so the straps do not use up valuable delivery times on April 24.

This way a lot more of us will get our watches on the 24th. :D

2. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I would be surprised if that was the reason, but maybe it's a happy accident?

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Actually that theory makes no sense. One has nothing to do with the other. using up delivery times???

4. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

I disagree ... I've always ordered a case with my iPhone for launch and that was never an issue. In fact, the case would usually arrive days before launch.

5. kovey macrumors 6502a

I think he means using up resources/time that could be out towards moving watches. It's not too far fetched, just seems unlikely.

6. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Yes, that was my point. Remember, no apple product has EVER been released in the model that only home delivery is available. Why couldn't they be trying to goose the numbers of watch deliveries on the 24th by not competing with themselves on delivery times? This could mean thousands if not hundreds of thousands extra watches delivered on the 24th.

Maybe they wanted FedEx to guarantee a specific number delivered and FedEx responded, "Not if we are delivering accessories on that day too."

When these ship times happen my FedEx guy usually asks me what I got if he has 30 boxes of the same size. I have a great guy who knows where to hide stuff safely if I am not at home. Small town living where everyone knows everyone is handy sometimes.

7. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Delivery capacity isn't even close to being the problem.

8. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

SO, no other theories on why every single strap is shipping days later than the first watches?

9. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

It is. Source: I know UPs and FedEx people. They say Apple launches are among one of the worst delivery days.

10. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Wow. Incredible analytical prowess. Sorry. If most people would relax a little and just stop thinking so much, well....

11. tantantheman macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be surprised if it is capacity concerns. I remember the first gen iPad had its own UPS trucks to deliver around my area on launch day. Of course, its been a lot of years between then and now so things could've changed.

12. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but they are able to ship out millions of iPhones on launch day. The watch won't compare to that.

13. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

14. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Agree. It CAN'T be just that they do not want us to get our bands before our watches but I guess that could be true for many with June shipments. I thought it weird that they are shipping the chargers first.

15. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure UPS and FedEx can handle more deliveries than just the Aapple Watch.

16. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Wow... I just can't...

Did you ever think that it's so that they can attach more of the bands they have produced so far to watches in order to get more watch sales through? If anything, this is a production issue, not a shipping issue.

That being said, I was unaware of a lack of 4/24-5/8 band releases. That makes me happier about my extra band coming a week or two later than my watch, I just thought I was too late on the second order.

17. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Wait, your band orders have delivery estimates? Mine just says "May", no date estimates at all (when I ordered, all bands were like that)

18. KauaiBruce thread starter macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I ordered mine in the first few minutes. A lot of the bands had delivers Apr 29 - May 12 at first.

19. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I would not be surprised if bands arrive at the same time as the watch despite the 29th date.