I am tired of the complaints...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrissmash, Oct 5, 2011.

1. chrissmash macrumors regular

I live and work in the UK and I have had the opprtunity to look through many papers, websites and forums (especially news outlets) that seem to slam the iPhone 4S however punch for punch it IS the upgrade the we were looking for.

If Apple decided to call it iPhone 5 and put it in a new shell I bet everyone would be rejoicing. Surely by now most users should know that Apple seem to puzzle us when a product is released at times however when we get our hands on them it all makes sense.

I was never an iPhone 4 adopter due to contractual obligation however I will now be delighted to move to the iPhone 4S and I believe it is a very worthy upgrade even from iPhone 4. As Apple said it is a mix of hardware and software, the real game changer is iOS5 which admittedly we knew about however it is this which add to our iPhone experience, not a new body, new colours, new shapes etc.

Everyone be happy :)

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Not to worry. Many of the people who have made fools of themselves will be waiting in line for the 4S. It is a great upgrade.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm tired of the complaints of people complaining.

4. cperchard macrumors 6502a

The main thing i was after was bigger screen with same retina display.......so theres no way i'm going from a 4 to a 4S just for Siri and a better camera........it's a good phone to go from a 3G or 3GS i agree.....but then the iphone 4 was a good upgrade from them too.

I think most of the people who are upset with the 4S are the iphone 4 users like myself that wanted something completely revolutionarised and in a "different shell" as you say, but in reality i dont think that was ever gonna happen. I think this time next year will be the "new style" iphone now.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The Peace Brigade Is Gathering

Well said. Let's hope it all calms down. I had 7 PM's this morning suggesting it was MY fault??? I just tested the damn thing.GRR grow up people.:mad:

6. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

So you haven't owned an iPhone 4 for the past 15 months, but feel you can voice your opinion on whether it is a "worthy upgrade?" :rolleyes:

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have An Iphone4

And still do, I BETA tested the new one....How is it my fault that it wash;t a complete re-design.

The A5 IS a killer it's in you're ipad2's BTW

8. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Someone starts one of these threads every year

9. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Macman45, I was referring to the OP. I guess I should have quoted his post.

Anyhow, I just don't agree when people who do not even own an iPhone 4 start saying the 4S is a worthy upgrade... it's marginal, at best.

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Understood

But if people don't want to upgrade and give Apple a bloody nose then it's so simple.....Don't buy it!

TBH if I had to pay for mine I doubt I would, the A5 is a killer chip, but the phone still has a small screen. I use my ipad2 for that kind of stuff anyway!

11. chrissmash thread starter macrumors regular

Well having worked for the company and much hands on experience I think I am very much entitled to an option.

People were going to complain, I got an email from a co working literally minutes ago saying "It's ok I suppose but I really wanted a new shape". Point made.