I am trying to get my free 1000 minutes from AT&T. Help please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Feb 14, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am trying to get my free 1000 minutes that everyone is getting from AT&t. You have to send Yes as a text message and you get free 1000 minutes.
    The problem is my messaging is blocked. Is there an app I can use just text AT&T and get my 1000 minutes or...

Do I call AT&T and add messaging plan and get 1000 minutes? (And remove messaging plan afterwards?)

I stopped texting because I use emails more.

Thanks for your suggestions.

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

You could probably just call at&t and ask for the free 1000 rollover minutes.

3. 184550 Guest

This is probably the best option as it seems you didn't get the initial text from ATT offering you the 1000 free minutes in the first place.

4. kicko macrumors 65816

I always loved my rollover mins but when i left AT&T last year i had so many that it didnt make a difference... even though they were mine i never ended up using them. Whats the point of banking talk time if its almost impossible to use. Most the users i know have never actually taken advantage of the rollover feature. Now doesnt at&t offer free mobile to mobile within any network with unlimited messaging? It will be even harder to use them.

if you really want them just call

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You might be able to text AT&T even though you don't have a plan.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I guess as an AT&T customer the thought of having to actually use the iPhone as a phone is not as easy as it sounds?

:p

7. shelbymayer macrumors regular

texting AT&T should be free....now do you have text restrict or just no texting plan? Text restricted you can't send or recieve ANY text messages even free AT&T ones...having no plan means you are pay per text which is $.20 a text!

8. 184550 Guest

Exactly, right now I'm in the 4- 5,000 range for rollover minutes. I think some of them have actually started to expire.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Phone? I have a simple Nokia candybar for that! :p

10. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Send a text to 11113020 and type "yes" without quotes

11. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

I tried the text and got a quick reply. I guess whatever the check eligibility part of the response will determine whether those who didn't get the original message are going to get the minutes.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Exactly. You don't need to have been sent the text from at&t first.

Also, to those saying rollover is worthless I totally disagree. My wife and I have the lowest family plan you can have and we had banked over 2000 minutes when we had my son. At that point we were on the phone constantly and blew through those quickly. Then a few years later I lost my job and blew through what we had banked and accidentally went over for the first time. That bill sucked especially being unemployed.

Point is, you NEVER know what is going to happen to make you glad you have that buffer. It simply can't hurt.

13. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Agreed, I have 9000+ rollover minutes currently, but you really never know when they may come in handy.

14. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I have something like 10K rollover minutes. They are pretty useless but with the new unlimited mobile to any mobile I'll be able to drop my plan down to the lowest option. I may have to tap into them occasionally but it'll definitely work out really well.

15. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

just saw that the 1000 minutes were applied today