I believe that Michelle Bachmann would be a terrible president.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kavika411, Aug 15, 2011.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I believe Michelle Bachmann would be a disaster as president of the United States, both fiscally and socially. I believe she lies and that she is a hypocrite. I believe the more she speaks, the more her idiocy is demonstrated. I believe her husband has his own (negative) issues, and that makes her/them all the more dangerous. I believe that with every debate and speech she gives, more of her BS will surface.

I believe it is good if we bring all of this to the attention of people in the PRSI. If you agree with me, I hope you will post in this thread instances of her doing things I mention above. And if I didn't cover something negative about her or her husband, I hope you will post it here anyway.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yeah, but are you going to vote for her? :p

4. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

We do. And we'll have another five threads on her before Friday.

This way, we can have a central hub moving forward.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I wonder how Sarah Palin feels about Bachmann right about now?

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They should fight to the death. Winner gets a free skydiving trip (without a parachute) :rolleyes:

On a serious note, this lady must be clinically insane. And she has no clue how to run a government, about economic policy, or anything really.

The scary thing is that there are tons of americans who are just as stupid as she is, and that might give her a chance.

The GOP bringing in all these ******* insane candidates might make it easier for Obama to get reelected though.

7. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Apparently the people of Iowa disagree, seeing how she just won in an election poll there.

8. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

No.

9. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I honestly don't see how this type of person can gather any type of following. If someone said they could "cure gays" or "carbon dioxide is naturally occurring and therefore not harmful" at a rally in Britain/Germany/Canada etc., they'd be laughed out of politics forever.

This is why you Americans confuse the hell out of me. Using the scope of politics as my lens, it seems like half of you guys are total dolts and the rest of you guys are constantly in damage control because of the dolts and can never get any work done.

10. nutmac macrumors 68040

Actually, you are wrong. Bachmann is a troll. Negative attention only makes her more powerful.

It's best to just ignore her.

11. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I feel there has not been one qualified presidential candidate (any party) in the last three elections. Off subject... Who knows, implement term limits on congress and we might see elected officials change and actually try to get something accomplished.

12. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Excellent point. Seriously.

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I wish.

Actually the Republicans are just on the look-out for an attractive dullard, so they try to get "it" elected, and control "it" from then on.

Even a man as smart as Barack obviously is, the system will grind his balls 'till he weeps.

As witness, just look at all the falderal associated with getting someone elected to the highest position in the States.

Congressional districts, or whatever, get cut out of the process as soon as someone gets the nod.

14. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

1. She is from Iowa.
    2. She won by 1%.
    3. It's Iowa.

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Her tent had a petting zoo

16. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Worked great with Bush, didn't it?

Why mess with a winning formula? ;)

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

The thing is she would not even be president her hubby would. She is submissive to him and he has to ok everything she does or tell her to do it. She thinks gays are abominations and that public education needs to be stopped and everyone home schooled.

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

16,892: The number of votes in this poll.

212,720,027: The number of eligible voters at the time of the 2008 presidential election.

That poll represents 0.00794% of the voting-eligible population of this country. No way is it even remotely statistically significant. Unfortunately though, the media likes to sensationalize it like it is.

19. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

A very small part of me wants her to win so America can fall completely on it's face and complete it's gradual decline into nothingness. Hopefully then they can rebuild without the hilarious political system that plagues many developed countries and become the best again.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Okay, but isn't this how all polls work? If thats your answer wouldn't that discredit all polls with you?

This straw poll doesn't mean she's going to win the general election, it just means that right now she's the favorite among conservatives or Iowans who were paying attention enough to vote in it.

21. n8236 macrumors 65816

I'm certain, if she was a man, her supporters would be non-existent. Being female in a male dominated arena, it gives ppl the illusion that she's qualified.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No, not "the people of Iowa", merely a small fraction of one party who happened to show up and were bribed...er...I mean wined, dined and bussed in by Bachmann's campaign just a little bit more then by the other candidates. Hardly an indicator of anything really. All one need do is look at the historical track record of this sham..er..excuse me...POLL, to see how often it gets things wrong vs. how many times it gets things right when it comes to selecting the next President!!!

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Most political polls take 1000 people at random. That said Iowa isn't "at random".

24. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Good post.I'm glad to see at least some people can see through this sham.

25. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

No ****.

I find it difficult to wrap my head around the very possibility of her even having a chance.