I bet this will be the iPhone 7 design

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012

7 will be an evolution of the curved form factor. I know this is just a ripoff from the current ipad line. I don't know really why they didn't just copy it since it was an excellent design language. I bet this will be spot on tho.for those who love the 5 series, chamfered edge will make a comeback along with the curved edge. looks sleek imo.

MacDevil7334

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I doubt we will ever see the chamfered edge again. Looked nice out of the box (sometimes) but was an absolute scratch magnet. Owned both a 5 and a 5S as well as the iPad mini and now the iPad Air. The only place any of them picked up scratches was on the chamfered edge.

Beautiful aesthetic choice, not particularly practical in day to day use.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
LOL have you seen all the posts complaining about little minor scratches out of the box on the iPhone 6?

Now imagine that hundred fold with those kind of edges.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

7 will be an evolution of the curved form factor. I know this is just a ripoff from the current ipad line. I don't know really why they didn't just copy it since it was an excellent design language. I bet this will be spot on tho.for those who love the 5 series, chamfered edge will make a comeback along with the curved edge. looks sleek imo.
Nope…

Achillias

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
Those kind of topics are pointless. The iPhone 6 just came out and you are guessing how to iPhone 7 will look like? Lol.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
You guys are crazy lol-----Come on the 6 has just come out and you want to talk about how the 7 will look--:rolleyes::rolleyes:

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Highly unlikely. The iPhone 6 is an evolution of the iPad mini and iPad Air design philosophy. Making the 7 like that render would essentially be a step backwards.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Highly unlikely. The iPhone 6 is an evolution of the iPad mini and iPad Air design philosophy. Making the 7 like that render would essentially be a step backwards.
I agree that would be an odd step backwards isn't it.

I'd kill for an iPhone 3GS-shaped phone but of metal and modernized. :)
yea but the 3gs is so FAT. haha

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
I doubt we will ever see the chamfered edge again. Looked nice out of the box (sometimes) but was an absolute scratch magnet. Owned both a 5 and a 5S as well as the iPad mini and now the iPad Air. The only place any of them picked up scratches was on the chamfered edge.

Beautiful aesthetic choice, not particularly practical in day to day use.
Whilst I totally agree with what you're saying, I'm not sure practicality is at the top of Apple's priorities. It's all about aesthetics.

I see no reason why Apple wouldn't release a phone with this design and, after all, something silly like 95% of iPhone users shove their phones in a case anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.