i book se and OSX 10.2

beer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
the Hague, Netherlands
It seems to be impossible to install Jaguar on my iBook se (366 mhz.. graphite)

does anybody know why and how to solve this problem...

I tried updating from 10.1
I tried clean installation

and I think I updated the firmware (4.1.7)..

so.. any clues out there?

tanx

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
What errors are you getting? How much ram do you have? More detals would be *very* helpful ;)

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Did you try inserting the CD (Disc 1) and booting while holding down C? Or double clicking the installer on the CD (which should change it over to bootable)?

Try that, and report back.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
make sure you have updated your firmware, go tosystem profiler and check. that could easily be the problem. if problems stil occur zap the pram. hold the apple,shift (i think its shift),p, and r key for about 3 boot ups. see if that fixes anything. then makes sure you disc is clean, im sure you checked that but justwanted to let you know.

iJon

beer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
the Hague, Netherlands
I'll give it another try...

With my G3 B&W and an earlier I had the same problem but this could be fixed by using a small program called XPostFacto...

pepeleuepe

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2002
Los Angeles, California
I use 10.2 on the exact machine you are having problems with. As for how well it runs: I love it, not fast obviously, but it works and is stable. I maxed out the RAM on my machine, which helped a whole bunch, but OS X ran ok with 192mb of RAM.

Anyway, I would double check that your firmware is updated. I remember doing that right before I installed OS X.2 and it installed without a problem.

LimeiBook86

macrumors 604
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
hhhmmmm...

I have a 466mhz iBook SE (FireWire, DVD) I had no trouble but try the Firmware. Maybe that is the problem. Try reading other discs see if it is the drive and not the disc. Is the hard drive a factory installedone or is it an expanded one (a newer one) Did you hack or Mod your system? Good Luck... :d