I bought a 3GS in sept of last year...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jesusplay, Jun 10, 2010.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

it was stolen last month...I have a 2 year contract....I can still re-activate my unlimited internet if i were to buy a new iphone without another contract?

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

First of all, sorry to hear about your stolen iPhone.

What did you do after your iPhone got stolen? Is your AT&T Wireless account frozen? Are you using different phone? Because your original SIM was stolen with the iPhone, you've got a new sim from AT&T?

Log into your wireless account from your computer and see if you still have iPhone Data Plan on your account. If that's the case, I think you'll be fine.

One thing you want to be careful doing:

I've seen reports here from people sold their 3G/3GS and started to use other 3G smartphone devices that are officially sold by AT&T are forced to switch to regular smartphone data plan which is also $30 unlimited at the moment. Problem with this is that iPhone requires iPhone specific data plan, and unless you have that on your account already, you won't be able to switch to it with unlimited data from other smartphone data plan.

I've been using unlocked phones for a month now and my iPhone Data Plan with unlimited is still intact.

So if you are waiting a bit longer to get your replacement iPhone, do anything to maintain the iPhone specific data plan on your account.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Wow, amazing. AT&T held a gun to these people's heads and made them sell their phone?

Ok, that's crazy, whet you must be saying is that these people willfully sold their phone and then AT&T forced them into a plan that they shouldn't be using.

Wait, what? Now you're saying that these people had a choice to both sell their phone AND had a choice to try and commit fraud or just deal with what happened to them as a result? Oh, sorry, that's what I'm saying, you're just trying to make excuses for people who made their own choices and didn't like what happened as a result.