I bought a MBA from Apple online store but they've charged me twice, HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by emir, Sep 4, 2011.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

I bought a Macbook air on 30th of August with master card from Apple Online Store. I've read that Apple first reserves the money in the bank and approves the credit card. Then once its approved, they draw the money from the bank and ship the product. It went on like that in my situation too, however it seems, the money that was reserved was driven two times, in 30th of august and 1st of september. The shipment is going on smoothly, and they've only shipped one macbook air, not two. What should i do, anyone have an idea?

2. glen e macrumors 68030

Why would you post that here? 1st time with mdse problems?

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Divert the 2nd one to my residence in the Uk !!

4. adammade macrumors newbie

You should definitely post about your problem on a forum not affiliated with Apple.. oh wait.

Just ring them, they're really friendly, you might even get the same Scottish girl that I had when I wanted to cancel something off my order, she had an amazing accent...

5. 2IS macrumors 68030

lol yeah I dont think anyone here is going to refund you the money.

6. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

:D
    -------------------------------------

OP: call apple!! :cool:

7. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

As some have said... call Apple. Explain the situation. Have them verify that you ordered one MBA and check and correct that you will only be charged for one MBA. The problem will be solved but I would make that phone call right now.

8. iApple Mania macrumors member

iApple Mania

I've this experience, too.
    Just call Apple Store where you brought and explain to them.

Even better, should have detail to tell them about order number, date & time of deduction both times.

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You call Apple and you call your credit card company. I'd call the credit card company first, in case there is something that you misunderstood and the money is actually only going out once, or some mistake happened at the CC company.

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Same advice as everyone else here; call Apple and all your credit card company, and when you do so, have your documents, times, dates, amounts, to hand and explain what happened. I'm sure that they will be helpful.

FWIW, something similar happened to me two years ago. I bought a Leica camera and somehow - as the card machine appeared to drop the transaction - the transaction went through an astonishing five times (without the CC company even noticing that apparently five Leica cameras had been purchased in the one bizarre transaction). Needless to say, (as it took me a few days to realise what had happened), I was completely reimbursed, with red faces all round and many, many profuse apologies offered....

Cheers

11. Kroner macrumors regular

Kroner

While the OP might gladly have wanted to do that, they only shipped one.
    So it might be a bit difficult to ship the 2nd one to you :p