I bought a MPB on May 24. Am I screwed or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tolstoy98, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Tolstoy98 macrumors newbie

I probably knew better than to buy anything Apple related when the Conference was coming up, but whatever...

So here's my question. I got a 15-inch MPB with the following features:
    2.4 GHz Intel chip
    4GB
    320GB hard drive @ 5400
    Grand total was $2223.00

Is it worth trying to march downtown to the Apple store to raise hell and get either a new model or a slight refund? I like to read this board, because there's a lot of smart people here so serious responses only, please.

And for the record, if it's got an Apple logo on it, I like it.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You're just over the 14 days. Pretty sure that Apple will be cool with it. Wouldn't hurt to try, but don't go all crazy!

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

As long as you didn't customize it, I think you should be able to return it.

4. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Have you tried calling the Apple store and asking them? Nice to get a reference point maybe.

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Your 1 day out of your return policy so technically no. You could try today and get a nice manager but YMMV but I would guess if you try being as nice as possible you might get lucky.

6. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

7. statofmotion macrumors member

I am SO glad you posted this, I was literally just about to post the same thread but I purchased mine May 23 :( I will be going down to the Apple store this afternoon and politely asking them to do something. I really hope so because my machine costed 2700 with the student discount and now the upgraded version of mine is only 2300 ahhhhh!!!!:mad:

I will let you know what happens. :cool:
    :apple:

8. therealdt macrumors regular

You can try. I bought a MB late 08, then the new one came out early 09, I got laptop envy and called Apple. Asked my why I wanted so late? Told them I lurk on MR and found out about the update, blah, blah, etc. They were willing to exchange and all I had to do was pay a small fee (forget what it was). I didn't pull the trigger, as I was very happy with my MB.

tl;dr

Be nice, don't be an a** and they may allow an exchange.

9. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

Good luck with the exchange. I hope it works out for you.