I bought a song off the iPhone iTunes store and it won't sync to my computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewwg94, Aug 15, 2009.

1. andrewwg94 macrumors member

so i'm pretty new to itunes, apple, iphone. i decided to start making my own music library. so i went on the itunes app and downloaded a song. i synced my phone and the song was copied to my computer. i bought another song, but it won't sync. and unlike the first song, that song didn't go in the "Purchased from Andrew's iPhone" playlist. even though that's exactly what i did... wtf apple

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Right click on the phone, and then click "Transfer Purchases".

3. andrewwg94 thread starter macrumors member

you my friend are a genius. thanks. sorry i'm just new to this stuff :apple:

4. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I sure wish I'd read this thread yesterday! I had the exact same problem and ended up buying the same song on the computer. What a wasted $1.29!

BTW I've also found that you can unplug your iPhone and plug it back in in order to get the songs you subsequently bought on the iPhone transferred to the computer. Took me a while to figure that out, let alone this "Transfer Purchase" method! (Just hitting "Sync" again wouldn't do that...)

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wouldn't call him a genius, but he sure knows a lot. :D Just ribbin' ya jmann!