I bought an apple leather case for my 5s and it is a dust magnet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FatPuppy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

My 5s is black, the case is black so the dust is pretty visible. Every time I take my iphone out of my pocket, there is dust between the phone and the case and in the camera hole and by the end of the day, the dust goes all the way on the back of the phone. So, will my phone get scratched? I can't take the case out every day because it may brake in the lightning port area.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

In my experience of using these type of cases on my iPhone 4, the side casing of the phone always ends up getting scratched. It's ironic isn't it, a protective case damaging the phone.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

This case and other that have soft edges that dust and grit can get under will scuff your phone permanently if not removed and cleaned constantly.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'd blame it on the lint coming from your pant pocket. Wear poly and see if it attracts dust.

5. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I thought about it but no, the same thing happens when I put the phone face down in the bed and other surfaces.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I have the red leather apple case on my 6+ and I don't see it attract dust. Maybe, because of your color black. Your dryer has a filter to remove lint. Either that's not being cleaned out or it requires one. I'd troubleshoot it that way first.

7. Liam Steven macrumors regular

I put a "bumper" on my iPhone 5 and when I took it off 18 months later the edges of the phone were wrecked. Something to do with dirt and gritt getting inside the case...

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

That's odd, I used to have a black one for the iPhone 5 before and never had that problem. Yeah it's going to show a bit of debris being that it's black, that's expected.