I bought invisibleshield but My 3G iphone was defective what to do now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djrobsd, Aug 18, 2008.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I paid $25 for the invisibleshield, and $10 for installation ($37.50 with tax), and my phone ended up being defective (bad 3G radio). The new phone works perfectly, but I have to send the old one back to Apple.

What should I do? Can the Invisibleshield dealer move my shield over to the new phone?

Is there some way to get invisibleshield to send me a new one?

One way I was thinking of doing this is to take the phone back to invisibleshield dealer and show them all the bubbles in the protector and tell them I'm not happy with it.

Or, should I be honest and just tell them my phone was defective and I got a new one?

I hate to throw $37.50 down the toilet just because Apple sold me a defective iphone! UGH!

2. illutionz macrumors 65816

didn't you get 2 pairs with the $25 purchase (Bodyguardz did). If so, Just install the 2nd one yourself.

Otherwise, just buy BestSkinsEver for around $8 for both front and back protection and this BSE has the same quality as InvisibleShield as well.

3. California King macrumors 65816

Yeah, buy one at BSE if it doesn't work out. I've tried both and I can't tell them apart. Only bad thing about BSE is they don't give you the spray solution so you have to make it yourself and from experience, it makes applying it much harder if you don't have the solution properly made.

4. illutionz macrumors 65816

Here's how i made my solution:

1. Get a bowl
    2. Put water in it
    3. Add some liquid handsoap in it
    4. Mix
    5. Done!!

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Go buy a new one at best buy and put it on. Zagg will probably laugh if you ask for a free one. Sorry for your loss but I would def get another. I have had one on my first gen and never had any problems. They are a great investment.

6. Duflul macrumors newbie

Next time just read the faq on zagg.com before you come up with a stupid answer.

Q: What should I do if I need to send my device to the manufacturer?

A: There are times when you may need to send in your electronic device to the manufacturer for warranty repair work. If this is the case, we recommend taking the invisibleSHIELD off of your device before sending it in for repair. For instructions on removing the invisibleSHIELD, please click here.

Once you remove the invisibleSHIELD, please send it back to our office at the following address:

ZAGG Inc
    3855 S. 500 W. Suite B
    Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Upon receipt of your invisibleSHIELD, we will send you a new invisibleSHIELD, free of charge, per our free replacement policy. Please note that the free shipping option is only available for new orders. For replacement orders you will be charged a minimal fee of $3.95 ($5.95 for laptop shields) for shipping and handling. (Sending your original invisibleSHIELD back to our offices will keep your warranty intact).

7. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

You rock Duflul!!!!!!! This forum sure makes us all lazy, I should have went to their web site and checked that out! I'm going to go talk to the guy at the store today and see if he will hook me up, if not then I'll just deal directly with Zagg!