iPad I called Walmart and they have iPad Air's but no rollback price on 32GB?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bobright, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

bobright macrumors 601

So they said they aren't selling them until tomorrow morning NOT tonight and there is no sale or rollback price. I was thinking of going through them to save 20 bucks or so oh well checked then off my list. :(

2. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Maybe any roll back price is online only? Walmart's online prices are often not the same in store.

3. aypues macrumors regular

my local 24 hr walmart is selling them starting at midnight.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    They are not allowed to sell them before November 1. When the iPad2 was launched, they were not allowed to sell them before 5 pm that day. I stopped by the store around 4:30 pm to see what they had in stock and the clerk had no idea - said the iPads were locked in the manager's office and would not be released until 5 pm.

Can't imagine the Air will be sold at anything but Apple's price.

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I have seen plenty of info saying they were going to be $479 and my Walmart told me to be there are midnight tonight but I didn't ask about prices.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Tomorrow morning starts at 12:01am. Hard to say what "morning" meant in the above answer.

As to the rollback price... something is not adding up. There were lots of press releases earlier this week, and even a tweet that appeared to be from Walmart that said they were doing the $20 off. But, the link from that tweet goes to a press release about their trade in program - only.

7. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

yikes, i'd pay $20 not to have to go to walmart at midnight

8. JFC macrumors member

It is only $20. I'm buying at midnight tonight with or without the rollback price. If latter they advertise the $20 discount, then I'll go back and get the money credited back to my credit card.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Walmart corporate tweeted the $479 price for base iPad Air. Clerk you spoke with either didn't get the memo or no memo circulated down to the checkout scanner level. 9to5Mac has posted pictures with the rollback price on the Airs. Likely the price will show up @ register tomorrow regardless. For now the price might still be $499 in the computer until WM starts selling them tomorrow.

10. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Good one LOL! :)

11. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

I just called my local Walmart, and they confirmed the midnight launch for $479.

12. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

If I worked at Walmart, and praise God, I do not... I would give every customer a different answer when taking calls about Apple launches.

For what it's worth, I know my local Walmart sells them at midnight on the dot. Not sure about rollback though.

13. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

14. wmitch macrumors regular

I checked my Local Walmart. they have 5- 2 16gb white for $479 and 2 16gb black for $479 then 1 32gb black for $599. so apparently no sale on the bigger ones. :(

15. kidtriton macrumors newbie

I went by my WalMart and the electronics manager said the registers wouldn't let them ring them up until 8am. Can some of you question and confirm the midnight sales quotes?

16. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I know that--no I told them if it'll be on sale after midnight today and was told not till the morning. I didn't ask about the base model perhaps the rollback price is only for those? I asked about the 32GB wifi Space Grey and was told it'll be $599.99.

Something is not adding up here.

----------

That's a possibility. Did the image grabs show a 32GB priced $579.99?

17. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

Walmart has a no interest financing offer if you use their credit card. I believe this applies to purchases of $499 or more.

Target offers 5% off if you use their Red Card. This is on top of any other offers.

18. wmitch macrumors regular

Here is a pic I took of them in the case. Def no sale on the 32. (Sorry about the bad glare.)

Attached Files:

19. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Let me help you guys out here........

Obviously clerks have no idea what happens after their shift is over.

I called every walmart in my town. One said they "PROBABLY" wouldn't start selling theirs till the afternoon.

Another one said, "we have iPads already, let me check to see if I can ring it up and can come pick one up now if u want. I wanted to laugh in that guys face but he walked away to check so fast I didn't get a chance. He later came back and told me to come at midnight and they would be available to purchase. That's May or May not be true.

Another one said they would be available for purchase at 8:am.

The other one said their shipment would come in the morning and didn't know what time they would be available for purchase. #Respect

And finally, the last one said they weren't selling them. Now that's weird to me because maybe their stock just hadn't come in yet maybe and like I said, store clerks have no clue what's supposed to happen on the shift after theirs and I promise they could care less.

20. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Wonder if my local store has them on the shelf, damn. :D The wait is killing me!

21. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Come on, it's free entertainment. You just have to look at it from another angle.

22. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

Haha, fair point

23. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Do all walmart locations carry iPads? Or is it only certain stores?

24. pocketpenguin macrumors regular

Two of the three Walmarts in my Midwest town have none, the third has 5 in the display case. I could only see one grey and one silver, the others were obscured. No idea what sizes and the mook behind the counter wouldn't open the case to check. Got to love that excellent walmart customer service.

I'll go back when the shift changes.

25. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

I have to admit your original comment did make me laugh though.