I can’t believe I failed the credit check.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shocker38, Jul 11, 2008.

1. shocker38 macrumors newbie

I ordered a phone on the CPW website yesterday, got my order email and realised somehow I ordered two phones, so I phone the call centre to cancel. Got through and cancelled the original order and the employee created a new order, he said he would phone back within 2 hours to let me know that is has gone through so 3 hours pass and he said the screen has not moved. He left it to run over night, so I phoned him at 12 today and he said its not moved, so he proceeded to cancel that order and reorder it, Instantly he told me the credit check failed. I had done a credit check the night before for my self and it said I was at fair level and never missed a payment for anything so I don’t understand, I have never had a problem getting a phone, or credit any where else. I feel completely crushed by this I was so looking forward to getting this phone. Does anyone know anything about this sort of thing?

2. pjashley1 macrumors member

It's because you've done too many credit checks in a short space of time. It looks dodgy because they were all accepted- so to a lender it looks like you've got about 5 phone contracts and therefore you've overextended yourself!

Wait a few weeks then try again.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I don't know where you live but here in the US, if you have a whole bunch of credit checks done on your credit in a 24 hour period it will cause you to fail a credit check. I have never had this happen to me but thus was explained to
    me when I bought my house and a car a day apart. Basically, the credit services that do the check factor in the credit checks as well when determining eligibility so maybe when it was running it was doing credit checks over and over again but all of this is just a guess.